Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Problem sending pictures "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi all,
I have put pictures on E-bay numerous times, but for some reason I can't get it to work here. The message says my upload exceeds the allowable size.
Anyone have ideas or suggestions. I'm still trying to find my way around here.
Thanks, Don

Posts: 169 | Location: Adrian, Michigan in the USA | Registered: June 09, 2011
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Welcome to IHC185 Donald. That means your image file size exceeds 220 kB. You need to reduce the size below 220 kB using an image editing package before you post it.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
I believe if you will make your picture to the smallest size, 640 x 480 your pictures should up load. Jeff

Posts: 75 | Location: Arkansas in the USA | Registered: March 06, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
Hi Don, If you don't have a program to do this send me a note to "larrylamphier@aol.com", and I'll send you a link to one.

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010
posted
Thanks everybody,
I'll try some of these things, and if they don't work, I'll get back to you.
Don

Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Extremely large images cannot be viewed by those with slower internet connections or smaller screens. Due to those considerations and to avoid overloading storage capacity our system is set up to not accept poster size images.

Click here: How to Photograph Your Watches and Clocks

In there you will find information about sizing your images and posting them on our site.

Click these other links:

HELP IN POSTING IMAGES FOR HOSTING ON OUR IHC185 DISCUSSION SITE

PICASA - EXCELLENT FREE IMAGE PROGRAM

Hope this helps,

Debbie

Smile

Posts: 5232 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
posted
Thanks Debbie, I appreciate the information.

Don

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Don, I use Picasa from Google because;
1. It is "easy as pie" to learn for "Dummies" like me.
2. It is Free.
3. It is very flexible.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
Hi Don -

Like David, I use Picasa. Assuming you can aim the camera, the software allows you to size and edit shots to get results like this.

Having a light box helps. Wink

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
posted
Picasa is a free download from Google.As Dave says,It's very easy to use.If I can use it,anyone can.Regards.Norm

Posts: 484 | Location: Georgia in the United States | Registered: August 04, 2010
posted
Thanks everybody,
I'll give that a try.
Don