WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Horological Discussions, Questions and Answers  Hop To Forums  Pocket Watch Discussions    1901 Illinois Ariston HC 17 Ruby Jewel 5p Getty 3 finger Fishscale
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

1901 Illinois Ariston HC 17 Ruby Jewel 5p Getty 3 finger Fishscale "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1736
posted
I love hitting pawn shops in Peters back yard...

Posts: 2032 | Location: San Diego, California in the USA | Registered: August 30, 2012
IHC Member 1736
posted
And the movement... minus a case screw. Anyone have a matching case screw kicking around?

Posts: 2032 | Location: San Diego, California in the USA | Registered: August 30, 2012
IHC Member 1736
posted
Cool serial number, needs a case screw.

The well carried Wadsworth permanent case has no brassing, hinges and lids work perfectly with no dents and appear to be original to the movement.

Can anyone speak to the cool monogram above the U.S.A. stamp?

Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Nice watch Paul,

The M F Co. stands for Marshall Field and Company of Chicago Illinois.

RR

Page 288; Illinois Watch Co. by Meggers and Ehrhardt

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
IHC Member 1736
posted
Richard, Thank you so much for the post and the link to the Marshal Field information. My family history traces back to Chicago in the 20's and 30's... I am familiar with the name and would never have made the connection between Ariston and the Marshal Field & Company.

Besides the allure of the mechanical beauty... I absolutely love being able to tie these watches to our past.

I have a nice Elgin C.D. Peacock too... also ties to Chicago in the same era.

IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
This is a great looking grade 187 Illinois Getty. I will add the serial # to the data base.

This is last watch made from run 16.

Here is the link to the grade 187 DATA BASE

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
you will have a flat tire soon Paul for going that far.
just kidding.
Nice pick and here is my pick from the weekend
3 fingers Elgin in manufacturing shipping container no dial
on the other end.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011