• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Rockford movement "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Just picked this up from Ebay. I have been looking for one of these exposed escape models for a while,to add to my Rockford collection. I have a very nice gold filled hunting case just waiting for one like this

Posts: 475 | Location: Gainesville, Florida in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2009
posted
The movement

Posts: 475 | Location: Gainesville, Florida in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
I appreciate this a practical attempt Rockford did to make a more serviceable full plate type movement where the escape wheel Jewel is on a separate plate so that that the escape wheel can be assembled after safely getting the pallet arm into it's jewels. This reduced the possibility of messing up the pallet Jewels by trying to force them down on top of one of the escape wheel "feet".

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
I have one of these, and was surprised to find a right angle lever in it. I had not realized that any American company used the Enlish style right angle layout.

Posts: 767 | Location: Los Osos, California USA | Registered: December 12, 2002
posted
That's funny,I always thought it was just a gimmick,for the curious owner to see the wheels.

Also,I think that right angle thing is pretty common in American watches. I can't remember much lately or I could name some of the ones that I have had apart,but some Walthams,and maybe Illinois for sure.