U.S.A.
No.-OE-55
case ser.no. K-317184

4992B
Ser No 4C32122
U.S. Govt. Marks removed
No engraving on base metal case
J Smith

Posts: 188 | Location: Warrenton, North Carolina U.S.A. | Registered: January 12, 2003
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Thanks for the sightings Julian!

Is that first one available? If so how is the condition?

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
The condition is very good,near perfect dial and the case is not worn badly.It's not mine. The owner might sell when the new wears off.
Remind me later.
J Smith

Posts: 188 | Location: Warrenton, North Carolina U.S.A. | Registered: January 12, 2003
posted
which dial on the US ARMY Julian? Single sunk heavy arabic numerical signed 'hamilton'?

posted
Yes, the dial is full numerical,single sunk.
J Smith

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
The "OE" prefix is for a 21 Jewel U.S. Army railroad grade pocket watch. A nice find.

Best regards,

Greg

Posts: 1964 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
Julian,
Do you happen to recall if C8017 was a first signature movement?

Thanks,

Tref

Posts: 348 | Location: Northwest Washington USA | Registered: June 23, 2005
posted
Tref,
I really don't remember but I would think it is a first signature.It belongs to a friend of mine and I will try to get another look at it.
J Smith

posted
That's what I'm thinking too Julian, but am hesitant to assume too much. If you happen to get a look that would be great but there's no need to go out of your way.

Thanks,

Tref

posted
tref,
first signature on a 992b did not change until the mid 20k range... and even then they bounced around...

posted
Thanks Terry.

You have mail.

posted
i have the message, thanks..

posted

posted
Terry that box is an amazing find. First I've seen, though admittedly I've not been looking all that long. Are they as uncommon as they appear?

Thanks for both pics!

posted
the decoration on the box was not factory....

posted
That's intriguing....any idea how it came to look so nice?

Here's something else I haven't seen before. The outer box for C107863, but with a label that doesn't have the serial numbers on it. Is this the kind that has the "other" label deep inside, pasted to the inside of one of the ends?

C107863

posted
IMHO...

a label from a flip box on a blue pull apart....

also... this thread seems to be drifting from the original subject of military hammies?

Picture of Steven D. Jencso
posted
For the military 992B, what dials are correct? Were the dials specific to certain SN ranges or were the dials based on military contracts?

Also, there was mention above of a 'first signature movement'. What does this mean?

Thanks,
-Steve

Posts: 266 | Location: Dover, New Hampshire U.S.A. | Registered: February 14, 2005
Picture of Robert M. Sweet
posted
Steven,
The (024) dial was used on most of the 992B movements marked US Gov't. There may have been others used also. The four 992B movement signatures are also shown below:

(Top to bottom and left to right, 1-4)

Credit goes to "Fred Hougham".

Thanks to Lindell for posting the image of the 4 signatures in another topic.

Posts: 553 | Location: Southwest Virginia U.S.A. | Registered: December 27, 2004