• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

ANY VINTAGE WAR PICTURES WITH MILITARY WATCHES IN USE? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
And another one PLM winner Wientjens together with Anthony Fokker, the Dutch designer of the aircraft bearing his name amongst them the famed 'red' triplane

Posts: 132 | Location: London/London/England | Registered: December 13, 2004
posted
quote:
ntje

quote:
Wientjen

Wintgens sorry for managing to get 2 typos into one name... it has been a long day

Posts: 132 | Location: London/London/England | Registered: December 13, 2004
posted

I thought I would post this no watches but my dad is in the top photo they were in the Aleution's in WW2 some one in his unit made a book my dad gave me a copy.The first aircraft is a PBY they like that one the best then they started using the PV-1's they did not care for those if you go down in the water you have a chance with a PBY the water so cold you would not live long.He went to TBM avenger's later in the war.By the way my dad was age 16 at the time he joined the Navy.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Mike,
Super photo's, and a father to be proud of.

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
posted
I found this photo in my cruise book from when I was aboard the USS Proteus AS-19.It's a photo of R-1 Div. those were the diver's.The Proteus was a sub tender so the diver's would inspect the sub haul's and do repair on them.Look what's on there wrist Seiko 6309 you can't miss the cushion case.

Look's like this model.The year I was on the Proteus was from 1980-1981.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted
T Enzo Liguori.

I know your post is almost 3 years old, but I just had to comment. I hope you are still around this forum. Thank you for your sensitive statement. My father did the Anzio landing (British 8th Army) and he was wounded. Fortunately not fatal.

Best regards and peace

posted
Sure Tony,

still around...and yes, peace.... , if mankind would only enjoy hobbies maybe better,... glad your Dad made it fighting for freedom in such difficult ground...!!!

best rgds

Enzo

Posts: 285 | Location: Rome, Italy | Registered: May 19, 2005
posted

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
posted
Russian military divers

Posts: 18 | Location: Moscow, Russia Federation | Registered: April 15, 2011
posted
watch

Posts: 18 | Location: Moscow, Russia Federation | Registered: April 15, 2011
posted
Hello everybody!
What do you think about this wristwatch?
Regards
Gerd

German WWII-pilot

Posts: 50 | Location: Vienna in Austria | Registered: December 17, 2008
posted
Hmm...no opinions? Here is a similar one to one above. Privately owned or issued item?
Regards
Gerd

Marseille

posted
All my pics are found in the internet, this watch seems to be an issued "Dienstuhr".
Regards
Gerd

posted
Same pic as above magnified...

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Nice old pics Gerd. I'm not sure I could i.d. the watch used by the pilot with the fox pup. It seems to be a chronograph. I think you know more about these watches then I do.

With a black dial, the last picture could easily be an issued D-H watch. (It seems the man with the pipe is maybe a little too happy about that stick granade!)

Posts: 1960 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
I found this photo while rummaging though some old family photos; it is my Father, Joe L. Stewart (seated) taken during WWII, or shortly after. I’m not sure what all the test equipment is, but he worked on (what was then) a classified project called LORAN. I believe he later taught it at the Coast Guard Academy.

Posts: 88 | Location: Brunswick, Georgia in the USA | Registered: February 13, 2011
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
an amazing famly photo Mason, and much to my delight as well !!

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
quote:
Hello everybody!
What do you think about this wristwatch?
Regards
Gerd

Gerd; what is the name of the pilot? He was highly decorated !! Wink

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
posted
New member - first time post, reckon a photograph shouldn't show how much I have to learn about timepieces.
This is an image (out of copyright)from the Australian War Memorial Site
http://www.awm.gov.au/
Lots of good images.

Posts: 11 | Location: Linlithgow in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 31, 2012
posted
Here is a none to happy U.S. Navy seaman from the WWI era.
Kim

Posts: 28 | Location: Vandalia, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: September 26, 2004
posted
mmmmm

Posts: 28 | Location: Vandalia, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: September 26, 2004
posted
Here are some Hamilton Military watches, not in actual use but still may be interesting to some Military Watch collectors.
Joe M.

Posts: 5 | Location: Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: July 09, 2013