Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Russian Poljot Marine Deck Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Hi all,
I just purchased my first Poljot Deck watch and as usual it has a problem. When I say as usual I meant for me as I tend to fix broken watches and bring them back to life,
The above watch has a broken staff and I was wondering if anyone has one or knows where I can pick one up. I know they are on ebay but the price seems a bit high so I thought I'd look around to see if they are out there first.
I don't have it yet so not sure if it needs any thing else but will wait and so.
The picture is mine but and it shows the balance out.
Many thanks
Gary

Posts: 340 | Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: September 10, 2009
posted
It looks like the balance wheel is missing ?

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015
Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Kevin,
It is not shown in this picture but it does come with the watch.
I have a series of pictures the show it.
I just put this picture up to show what I purchased.
Cheers

Posts: 340 | Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: September 10, 2009
posted
Sorry, but I cannot help. But an observation is that while these were made using the blueprints of high end timepieces from other countries, the actual construction of these Russian ones and the quality of the metals used seem to be somewhat lower quality resulting in so many of them having issues such as yours. And parts seem to be very difficult to obtain. If I had nickel for every time I noticed someone seeking parts for these . . . . . .

Posts: 872 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland USA | Registered: September 20, 2004
Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Jim, Kevin,
Just to let you know I have sourced a new staff and it is on the way as well as the watch.
I believe it is sitting at my local post office waiting for me to pick it up.
I wll post more when both the watch and staff arrive.
Cheers
Gary

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Just a question about the wooden box it is housed in.
Would you have it restored to like new condition or just leave it alone with scratches and flaking varnish.
Cheers
Gary.

posted
I suppose it depends on what is the theme of your collection. Do you want every watch and clock in your collection to look like it just came out of the factory and was never used for its purpose; or, do you appreciate the sense of history in a timepiece and the life it has led being used in its day and that the patina of wear is central to this. My own way of collecting is to keep timepieces as original as possible and only have the minimum of repairs to conserve it and make it function (unless a timepiece was damaged in a war where the damage is integral to its history in which case I would not want to make any repairs that would obliterate that history). To me the history of a timepiece, its soul so to speak, makes it interesting to me. I try to imagine the kind of use it would have seen in its day. Making all of that go away is something I would never consider though I do understand that some collectors do prefer the straight from the factory and never used condition as pristine examples of a watchmaker's art approach. The fun thing about collecting is that you can collect what ever way that makes you happy.

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Jim,
When you put that way, I am of the same thinking "It's only original once".
I will keep it as is with all the patina on the box and on the watch case.
Thanks Jim for jogging my own thoughts.
BTW I recieved the staff today so I will attempt to get it up and running tomorrow.
Cheers
Gary

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Hi All,
Just and update, I received the staff and the watch as well.
A side note is that the staff is not a friction fit but its a riveted fit so I have passed it on to my good friend to fit the staff and roller table and hair spring.(my staking set won't allow the roller table to fit in the largest hole and its not an inverto style so off ot someone with more experience).
Will post when I get it back.
Cheers
Gary

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
December update,
Staff fitted into balance but just before about to intstall balance, checked the jewels, one cracked so now on the lookout for lowere balance jewel.
Cheers
Gary

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Happy New Year Everyone,
Well its finaly finished and running strong.
Many Thanks to a good friend of mine that helped me get this lovely watch running again.

Cheers
Gary

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Back 1

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Back 2

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Movement

IHC Member 2030
posted
Gary, very nice.
Please post a picture of the front, dial
Mike

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015
Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Mike,
OOPS,
Small over sight on my part.
The only picture i have with me is the one that has the balance out of it but the dial never changed.
Cheers
Gary

posted
Thanks for posting the photos and congrats on your newest addition to your collection. I think it is really nice. If yo get a chance, would you be able to post a close up photo of the markings on the movement so I can keep learning about these?

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Jim,
Im not at home at the moment so I will get to it when I can.
Cheers
Gary

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Hi Jim.
Sorry for the delay but life got in the way. Here are a couple of pictures of the movement.
Cheers
Gary

Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Number 2

posted
Thanks Gary. It is a very pretty movement.