• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Page 1 2 3 
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Killer deal for you on a Beautiful Marine Chronometer "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
I already have one or this would already be sold! $735 + $100 shipping is a killer deal!

get it at;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...IT&item=270391303133

Anyone who wants the one of the top 3 finest marine Chronometers made this is it. I cannot believe the price. You will never see this again for this kind of money.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Nice.

Would the gold hands & the blue second hand be normal?

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
This is offered by Sabina, my beautiful Russian "Buyer".

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
This is mine with the blue seconds hand, and Vladimir my watchmaker who made these as an apprentice watchmaker confirmed it's authenticity. Also you might enjoy the way that Sabena packed it. Wax sealed linen and inside the movement was professionally "corked".

Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Unfortunatly for anyone that was interested. This beauty (not Sabina) Big Grin now belongs to me as soon as I find out about a wire transfer and as we dodge around Paypal. Smile

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
posted
The package arrived from Russia. Smile

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
posted
What a wrapping job.

Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
posted
Everything great...........almost.

Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
posted
Can't get it to wind. So no run Yike!!
I wonder if Dave or Chris would be interested in a repair?

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Did you uncork the balance wheel in the movement?

posted
Look nice I hope all you have to do is what David said.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Phil, I add just a brief "primer" on the winding and let down arbors on this GIANT beauty. Good luck!

Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks to a phone call from Dave, I found out the winding is counter clockwise. Everything working great. Thanks Dave. Big Grin

posted
Nice catch, Phil! I can't decide which is prettier: Sabina, the box, or the chronometer Wink.

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Eric,
I say, Sabina, without a doubt. Wink

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
Picture of Mike Rouse
posted
She has another listed . I want one but cant afford it . Mike Another One

735.00 Buy It Now

Posts: 496 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: March 08, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Just an FYI, Sabina lives near Vladivostok which is a huuuge Russian shipyard on the eastern coast of Russia. Many Submarines were built and dispatched from Vladivostok to patrol during the "cold war". The Chronometers such as we are looking at here were built expressly for navigation of these subs during the total blackout they operated under during the last 30 years of the "cold war". The number of these Chronometers actually built during the cold war was only in ther low thousands and Sabina has the connections (how can someone say no to her!?) to evidently recover these from the shipyards as these ships are decommissioned. The supply is very very limited, and they will become highly valuable to collectors.

Picture of Mike Rouse
posted
I couldnt say no to her but could say YES to her in Any language. Mike

Posts: 496 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: March 08, 2009
posted
I said "yes" to her last week, buying one of those beautiful chronometers for $726 plus $100 shipping. Serial numbers matched in the photos; the box looked complete and excellent, and I was encouraged by David's posts to buy from her. So I did.

It's not like I "needed" another chronometer (I have a Hamilton Model 21 and a Hamilton Model 22, and I'll get a good mid-19th century chronometer when I feel like spending that much money), but for that price, it's hard not to buy one.

She shipped it yesterday; I'll let you all know how it is when I get it.

BTW, David, what's a "letdown?"

Posts: 18 | Location: Redmond, Washington in the USA | Registered: March 03, 2009
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

No doubt about it, both Sabina and her Chronometers are beautiful Smile and in great condition.

Now I better stop before I get in trouble... Eek deep!

Thanks a million to Dave for his help to Phil in getting things going.

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
posted
Dave, While I was talking to you, you metioned that parts of this chronometer were gold.
Which parts?
It is surely tempting to buy another. Big Grin

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Phil, as I understand it, the Balance weights are solid Gold, and of course the entire movement is HEAVY gold plated. A great deal of personal care to finish and precision went into each of these. Also Sabina sent me some more family pictures and all I can say is good looks runs in that family Cool!