WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

American Mantle Clock Information (Seth Thomas Admantine Sparta) Wanted "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Can some one fill me in on this mantle clock, the dails says "Wat & Jay Clock Manufactures Usa" I am looking to buy it too restore it, so need some info quick. As i have never bought clocks to collect if this some thing of value?

Posts: 375 | Location: Brisbane in Australia | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
hi francis; can you post a picture of the signature or the label. As a rule this type of mantle clock has lost popularity,I have 2 I'm trying to sell for $75 each with no success,but I have never heard of that manufacturer ,nor is there a record of them,pictures would help a lot, regards,Tom

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
posted
Hi Tom thanks for your input I am trying to get an closer photo of the face as it has the name of the makers on it, may be a day or so. thanks francis

posted
Have just found out that it is Seth Thomas Admantine Sparta mantle clock 1815 make. Is this possible ? which will make the price soar thru the roof.

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Hi Francis,

The answer to the "thru the roof" is probably NOPE! These type of mantel clocks are very common. ST is a good movement though. It looks like a nice clock!

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Seth Thomas Adamantine label. Adamantine was an early plastic finish applied to the wood, very durable ,usually with wood grain or marble type stone patterns!

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
A beautiful Seth Thomas Rosewood Adamantine clock I would sell for $275 to anyone who wants it!!! Absolutely great condition but likely needs cleaned and oiled,and it will be some day if I get to it LOL Big Grin .

posted
Thank you Tom and Bill for that information. Toms little baby seem to be in better condition that the one i have my eye on Plus it is a 3 pillar. The other doesnt have any paper work to show that it is what they are claiming it is. and the makers mark doesnt match up so while i do not know much about the wonderful world of Clock I will leave to to some one else to buy and retore it.... Thanks Francis " Sorry Tom could not afford your baby at the moment. We are expecting second child in December. so extra funds have to go there......

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
You are welcome Francis; The Adamantines sell for far more than the normal mantle clocks which as I said I have several I'd be happy to get $75 each for. They are pretty much like the one you were looking at. Good luck with the new baby!!! My grandchildren have been visiting but are tomorrow headed home,sigh!!!