Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Seth thomas info needed "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
Id there a good site or posting how to Id Seth thomas movement. If not could we start one here. As I am starting to look at clock in a different light. This came out of a school house style case.

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
posted
I would like to know more about this Seth Thomas if any one can help? I am pretty sure it is one of the big old regulators but I don't know for sure!

Richard Hamilton

Posts: 23 | Location: Great Falls, Montana in the USA | Registered: February 23, 2010
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
The only thing I know about that beauty is that I know I wish it was mine Wink

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
Richard show a photo of the escapement area of the gears. So someone might give you more info. The only thing I know is if it has a second hand it is a good one. Yours has a second hand at the center. Which would have to be newer. is it a second hand. And then Lindel has his model 2 with out a second hand. With out a second hand it is hard to get it dialed in to 10 seconds a week.

posted
Richard, I don't have a picture but it looks like it might be a 67 (A?B?) Either are 8day, weight driven, sweep second hand, keystone plate, 42 1/4 in pendulum. Length 7 11/16, width 7 5/16, depth 5 5/16 From a no.16 or 19 regulator. Someone else may know better! Mike

Posts: 124 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: May 27, 2009
posted
Sorry, It should have a deadbeat escapement and is from the 1907 catolog

Posts: 124 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: May 27, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
Here is a link to a #16

IHC Life Member
posted
Here is one of a # 19

posted
Wow! A lot of helpful info, here is a pic of the numbers on it,

Richard Hamilton

Posts: 23 | Location: Great Falls, Montana in the USA | Registered: February 23, 2010
posted
Now one of the Escapement, sorry my lighting *****!

Richard Hamilton

IHC Life Member
posted
I.m no expert but it sure looks like dead beat escapement. They where sure housed in a beautiful case both the #16 and #19. I would be proud to find a case and get this back together if I where you.

posted
Oh Mr. Buffard, Eugene if only that were possible.
I only hope that I will be able to build this movement a worthy home! I would truly love to see this beautiful clock in action once again.Now if someone could give me the size of the weight and toss me a spare pendulum Eek
Thanks everyone for your help.

Richard Hamilton

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
hi richard; besides coveting your beautiful Seth movement,I need an hour pipe or gear for the face of a Seth Thomas 77A movement. Any chance that you have such a critter? thank you ,T Smile om

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
posted
Hello Tom, just sent you a PM about the parts and this movement!

Richard Hamilton

IHC Life Member
posted
Richard did you ever get this clock running and cased.