• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Seeking info on IBM wall clock "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I'm a novice clock collector, or it's starting to look that way, and have aquired an IBM with missing parts, including the bob. I'd like to find a schematic or at least a picture of the wiring that shows what I don't have. Its a 17-2 model, ser. # 1778. Any help would be appreciated! I did read the posts on IBM's here. I'd really like to get the clock running instead of turning it into a gun rack as the seller suggested. Thanks!
Greg

Posts: 8 | Location: Ymir, British Columbia in Canada | Registered: April 01, 2010
posted
I do not know the 17-2 model. Is it a large masrter clock in a 60 inch case? Is it weight driven, mechanical or electrical wind?

Posts: 353 | Location: Nichols, New York in the USA | Registered: April 04, 2010
posted
I'm afraid I don't know the difference between a master and a secondary, but, yes it is 58" long and I think its electrical wind. There's 2 coils at the bottom of the movement but I'm not sure of their purpose.I'll try posting a pic file.

ibm4

Posts: 8 | Location: Ymir, British Columbia in Canada | Registered: April 01, 2010
posted
Greg, Does your clock have two weights going down the sides of the clock? I have not had my IBM clock apart in a long time so I am not sure if your picture is the same as my movement. A picture of the entire movement would be helpful.

Posts: 353 | Location: Nichols, New York in the USA | Registered: April 04, 2010
posted
Hi Ken; Here's a couple more pics. I DID find more info on the IBM site, but still not sure of anything. Are the 2 spindles at the bottom for pulleys for the weight-wind system? The scatches must have been from the bob, but not having seen that, have no way of telling. The movement looks complete except for the 3 terminal blocks on the top of the box, which I think must be for the 110 wiring.

posted
Sorry! Pic didn't load right.

posted
The two spindles held a rating scale to show the left/right movement of the pendulum. I have a repair manual on this clock from IBM. I will make a copy of it for you if you send me your address. Contact me at ksnowden@stny.rr.com
As you can tell, I do not get on this post daily