Internet Horology Club 185
Seeking info on IBM wall clock

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9886029761/m/605107562

April 04, 2010, 02:44
Greg James Clarke
Seeking info on IBM wall clock
I'm a novice clock collector, or it's starting to look that way, and have aquired an IBM with missing parts, including the bob. I'd like to find a schematic or at least a picture of the wiring that shows what I don't have. Its a 17-2 model, ser. # 1778. Any help would be appreciated! I did read the posts on IBM's here. I'd really like to get the clock running instead of turning it into a gun rack as the seller suggested. Thanks!
Greg
April 05, 2010, 07:33
Ken Snowden
I do not know the 17-2 model. Is it a large masrter clock in a 60 inch case? Is it weight driven, mechanical or electrical wind?
April 05, 2010, 12:35
Greg James Clarke
I'm afraid I don't know the difference between a master and a secondary, but, yes it is 58" long and I think its electrical wind. There's 2 coils at the bottom of the movement but I'm not sure of their purpose.I'll try posting a pic file.

ibm4

April 06, 2010, 22:30
Ken Snowden
Greg, Does your clock have two weights going down the sides of the clock? I have not had my IBM clock apart in a long time so I am not sure if your picture is the same as my movement. A picture of the entire movement would be helpful.
April 08, 2010, 19:24
Greg James Clarke
Hi Ken; Here's a couple more pics. I DID find more info on the IBM site, but still not sure of anything. Are the 2 spindles at the bottom for pulleys for the weight-wind system? The scatches must have been from the bob, but not having seen that, have no way of telling. The movement looks complete except for the 3 terminal blocks on the top of the box, which I think must be for the 110 wiring.

April 08, 2010, 19:29
Greg James Clarke
Sorry! Pic didn't load right.

June 10, 2010, 17:42
Ken Snowden
The two spindles held a rating scale to show the left/right movement of the pendulum. I have a repair manual on this clock from IBM. I will make a copy of it for you if you send me your address. Contact me at ksnowden@stny.rr.com
As you can tell, I do not get on this post daily