• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

The Saga Continues--Ansonia Reg #2 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Well, the previously discussed Ansonia clock auction was discontinued and the seller has posted another gem. Someone should do something!
See ebay auction #6552232084.
Pattye

Posts: 119 | Location: Lookout Mountain, Georgia U.S.A. | Registered: October 14, 2004
Picture of Grant Perry
posted
Hi there Pattye:

I contacted the seller as well to ask about the clock. The seller told me that he sold the clock to someone locally.

gp

Grant Perry

Posts: 334 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: January 28, 2003
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hello Again, This one looks more like the real deal, Unless the experts Know better. Regards, Ged.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
posted
I agree with GED. This case looks like it has age. Notice that this time he says "to my best knowledge". Perhaps the other one was a case of ignorance. One thing though, notice the perfect condition of the logo on the dial compared to the dials' overall condition. One of those new transfers that you can burnish on a dial? Yeah, I know, I'm a very picky guy. I'm not saying someone shouldn't but it, just pointing out anything that looks questionable. After all, that's how we learn from each other about the purchasing and restoring of clocks. Mike

Posts: 152 | Location: Telford, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: May 21, 2005
posted
There is something about this auction that doesn't look right to me. I have taken a lot of clock pictures and something about cropped and cut out images on auctions give me pause.

Derek

Posts: 172 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: July 06, 2004
posted
I guess anything is possible, when people post pictures.Cropping and other things could be done to a picture to help enhance the look of a clock.