Internet Horology Club 185
The Saga Continues--Ansonia Reg #2

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9886029761/m/5631036751

August 08, 2005, 22:12
Pattye Jones
The Saga Continues--Ansonia Reg #2
Well, the previously discussed Ansonia clock auction was discontinued and the seller has posted another gem. Someone should do something!
See ebay auction #6552232084.
Pattye

August 08, 2005, 22:20
Grant Perry
Hi there Pattye:

I contacted the seller as well to ask about the clock. The seller told me that he sold the clock to someone locally.

gp

Grant Perry
August 09, 2005, 01:12
Ged Pitchford
Hello Again, This one looks more like the real deal, Unless the experts Know better. Regards, Ged.
August 09, 2005, 07:54
Michael Cherry
I agree with GED. This case looks like it has age. Notice that this time he says "to my best knowledge". Perhaps the other one was a case of ignorance. One thing though, notice the perfect condition of the logo on the dial compared to the dials' overall condition. One of those new transfers that you can burnish on a dial? Yeah, I know, I'm a very picky guy. I'm not saying someone shouldn't but it, just pointing out anything that looks questionable. After all, that's how we learn from each other about the purchasing and restoring of clocks. Mike
August 09, 2005, 10:35
Derek B. Phelps
There is something about this auction that doesn't look right to me. I have taken a lot of clock pictures and something about cropped and cut out images on auctions give me pause.

Derek
August 09, 2005, 17:16
Kevin Pestor
I guess anything is possible, when people post pictures.Cropping and other things could be done to a picture to help enhance the look of a clock.