• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Fauch German clocks "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I went to the watch and clock show this past weekend in Montreal.I bought 2 clocks at the show nothing special a Waterbury mantle and a Korean.Then my freind and i went to a fleamarket.I saw this clock and got it cheap for 50 dollars.I looked on the net and found just one site that had clocks by this name.
All i know about it is it is german made in the 1960,s to 1980,s.It is a regulator and is called a french Vienna, i guess that is the stle.Anyways the 3 pictures from the site i found is exactly my clock.It runs very well and i have set the pendulum twice and seems to be keeping very good time.It strikes one hammer at the top of the movement on the half and the hour.

clock

posted
Picture 2

posted
Picture 3
If anyone has more information on this clock i would very much like to hear about it. Smile

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Nice clock Kevin. I don't know much about that maker, maybe someone esle can add some details.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Kevin,
The name on your clock may be Jauch instead of Fauch. I have a triple-chime with platform escapement movement with Jauch in script on the back plate and it would be easy to read that as an F instead of a J.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
posted
Hi John, i got my information from the website, www.time4you.ca
It says in the listing Fauch.
I did a search on Jauch and i found nothing.
I will try to take a picture of the dial and post it. Smile

posted
Ok, I see. I used Alta Vista and did a search on Jauch with several hits, but only two of them were for Jauch clock movements. According to

http://www.clockworks.com/jauchg.html

Jauch is out of business and Clockworks can supply Hermele movements that will replace some of the Jauch 3-weight grandfather movements.

Butterworths also has a list of exchanges.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
Picture of Carlos Flores
posted
Hi Kevin,like the clean lines of your clock, good deal!

Posts: 325 | Location: Near Mexico City, Mexico | Registered: July 05, 2003
posted
Thanks Carlos and others about the comments of my clock.It is interesting that 12 dollar korean clock i bought on the same day is keeping better time than my regulator.I am sure once adjusted it will be a better timekeeper.