Internet Horology Club 185
Fauch German clocks

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9886029761/m/393109495

October 04, 2004, 20:45
Kevin Pestor
Fauch German clocks
I went to the watch and clock show this past weekend in Montreal.I bought 2 clocks at the show nothing special a Waterbury mantle and a Korean.Then my freind and i went to a fleamarket.I saw this clock and got it cheap for 50 dollars.I looked on the net and found just one site that had clocks by this name.
All i know about it is it is german made in the 1960,s to 1980,s.It is a regulator and is called a french Vienna, i guess that is the stle.Anyways the 3 pictures from the site i found is exactly my clock.It runs very well and i have set the pendulum twice and seems to be keeping very good time.It strikes one hammer at the top of the movement on the half and the hour.

clock

October 04, 2004, 20:46
Kevin Pestor
Picture 2

October 04, 2004, 20:47
Kevin Pestor
Picture 3
If anyone has more information on this clock i would very much like to hear about it. Smile

October 04, 2004, 23:24
Tom Seymour
Nice clock Kevin. I don't know much about that maker, maybe someone esle can add some details.

Tom
October 05, 2004, 12:34
John Arrowood
Kevin,
The name on your clock may be Jauch instead of Fauch. I have a triple-chime with platform escapement movement with Jauch in script on the back plate and it would be easy to read that as an F instead of a J.
October 05, 2004, 16:27
Kevin Pestor
Hi John, i got my information from the website, www.time4you.ca
It says in the listing Fauch.
I did a search on Jauch and i found nothing.
I will try to take a picture of the dial and post it. Smile
October 05, 2004, 19:28
John Arrowood
Ok, I see. I used Alta Vista and did a search on Jauch with several hits, but only two of them were for Jauch clock movements. According to

http://www.clockworks.com/jauchg.html

Jauch is out of business and Clockworks can supply Hermele movements that will replace some of the Jauch 3-weight grandfather movements.

Butterworths also has a list of exchanges.
October 08, 2004, 00:05
Carlos Flores
Hi Kevin,like the clean lines of your clock, good deal!
October 10, 2004, 14:30
Kevin Pestor
Thanks Carlos and others about the comments of my clock.It is interesting that 12 dollar korean clock i bought on the same day is keeping better time than my regulator.I am sure once adjusted it will be a better timekeeper.