• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

A Charles John Cope maritime chronometer "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I purchased a maritime chronometer made by Charles John Cope watchmaker that was a pupil of Thomas Earnshaw but unfortunately the box was lost and has a problem in the balance staff, see the photos someone glued up a gear on it.
Now I don't know what to do, because I can't find any watchmaker who can fix it and for I send to repair outside of Brazil is very difficult because of high fees.
I'm looking for a watchmaker to fix it here in Brazil for about 1 year and I am thinking to sell it, one thing that I don't like to do.
Regards,

Paulo

Posts: 48 | Location: Near Sao Paulo, Brazil | Registered: January 06, 2010
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
too bad Paolo, I bought one,a Kullberg, the seller didn't pack it properly, Mad and it now needs repairs which will cost $1069 Frown

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
quote:
Paulo Souza Daneu
IHC Member 1343
Posted March 13, 2011 20:59
I purchased a maritime chronometer made by Charles John Cope watchmaker that was a pupil of Thomas Earnshaw but unfortunately the box was lost and has a problem in the balance staff, see the photos someone glued up a gear on it.
Now I don't know what to do, because I can't find any watchmaker who can fix it and for I send to repair outside of Brazil is very difficult because of high fees.
I'm looking for a watchmaker to fix it here in Brazil for about 1 year and I am thinking to sell it, one thing that I don't like to do.
Regards,

Paulo

where did your pictures go? Also your email address is invalid or incorrect ??? Smile Tom

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
posted
I know someone who can fix it, and I am interested. But I can't see the pictures.

Posts: 767 | Location: Los Osos, California USA | Registered: December 12, 2002
posted
Greetings,

I took a look at the source code for the image links that he posted and found that he'd just given bad links. Here are the photos:

Posts: 102 | Location: Houston, Texas in the USA | Registered: September 26, 2009
posted
Hi for all,

I am sorry by photos, I changed the host and some address was lost.

I changed my email and I am trying to modify it in IHC185 but is not possible, I think that I need to send a email to administrator to change it.

By now my email is paulo@tempusvivendi.com.

Regards,

Paulo

Posts: 48 | Location: Near Sao Paulo, Brazil | Registered: January 06, 2010
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Paulo,

Your eMail address has been updated on the IHC Records.

Debbie

Smile

Posts: 5220 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
posted
e realmente em nosso pais e muito dificil encontrar profissionais capacitado para consertar este relogio ,ja tentou com o pessoal do museu da dimep.and indeed in our country and very difficult to find qualified professionals to fix this clock, already tried with the staff of the Museum of Dimep.

Posts: 17 | Location: São Paulo in Brazil | Registered: November 21, 2010
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Dewey Clark can fix your chronometer ,

http://www.historictimekeepers.com/