Internet Horology Club 185
A Charles John Cope maritime chronometer

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9886029761/m/3403906957

March 13, 2011, 20:59
Paulo Souza Daneu
A Charles John Cope maritime chronometer
I purchased a maritime chronometer made by Charles John Cope watchmaker that was a pupil of Thomas Earnshaw but unfortunately the box was lost and has a problem in the balance staff, see the photos someone glued up a gear on it.
Now I don't know what to do, because I can't find any watchmaker who can fix it and for I send to repair outside of Brazil is very difficult because of high fees.
I'm looking for a watchmaker to fix it here in Brazil for about 1 year and I am thinking to sell it, one thing that I don't like to do.
Regards,

Paulo
March 13, 2011, 23:16
Tom Brunton
too bad Paolo, I bought one,a Kullberg, the seller didn't pack it properly, Mad and it now needs repairs which will cost $1069 Frown
March 19, 2011, 14:47
Tom Brunton
quote:
Paulo Souza Daneu
IHC Member 1343
Posted March 13, 2011 20:59
I purchased a maritime chronometer made by Charles John Cope watchmaker that was a pupil of Thomas Earnshaw but unfortunately the box was lost and has a problem in the balance staff, see the photos someone glued up a gear on it.
Now I don't know what to do, because I can't find any watchmaker who can fix it and for I send to repair outside of Brazil is very difficult because of high fees.
I'm looking for a watchmaker to fix it here in Brazil for about 1 year and I am thinking to sell it, one thing that I don't like to do.
Regards,

Paulo

where did your pictures go? Also your email address is invalid or incorrect ??? Smile Tom
March 25, 2011, 13:31
Jerry Freedman
I know someone who can fix it, and I am interested. But I can't see the pictures.
March 25, 2011, 15:49
Michael Johnson
Greetings,

I took a look at the source code for the image links that he posted and found that he'd just given bad links. Here are the photos:

March 26, 2011, 02:06
Paulo Souza Daneu
Hi for all,

I am sorry by photos, I changed the host and some address was lost.

I changed my email and I am trying to modify it in IHC185 but is not possible, I think that I need to send a email to administrator to change it.

By now my email is paulo@tempusvivendi.com.

Regards,

Paulo
March 26, 2011, 08:24
Dr. Debbie Irvine

Paulo,

Your eMail address has been updated on the IHC Records.

Debbie

Smile

July 17, 2011, 12:56
Renato Nunes Filho
e realmente em nosso pais e muito dificil encontrar profissionais capacitado para consertar este relogio ,ja tentou com o pessoal do museu da dimep.and indeed in our country and very difficult to find qualified professionals to fix this clock, already tried with the staff of the Museum of Dimep.
July 17, 2011, 14:45
Tom Brunton
Dewey Clark can fix your chronometer ,

http://www.historictimekeepers.com/