Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Osborne Grandfather clock "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi all,
I am looking for a minute hand for this clock, a close friend of mine has asked me to do some minor repair for this clock.
It is a tall case grandfather clock we believe to have been made in the late 1700’s to the early 1800’s, there is the name Osborne on the dial.
The hour hand is 3 7/8 “ from hole to tip, we are assuming the minute hand would be about an inch longer.
Hoping someone her can help me,
Thanks,
Bill

Posts: 1278 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 19, 2008
posted

posted

IHC Member 1555
posted
Will be hard to find a loose one of those hands floating around Bill, might have to bite the bullet and make one to match the hour hand you still have, will take a lot of time to get right but very doableSmile

Posts: 2258 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
posted
Bill, Timesavers has a similar hand set on page52 of their catalog. I used a set of these some years ago and they were pretty nice. They are stamped of course and don't show the depth of your original. They are 1.28mm thick so there is a little room for file work. The minute hand is different than the hour hand . Good Luck. Mike

Posts: 124 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: May 27, 2009