Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hermle Movement Puzzlement "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ken Knight
posted
OK, I give up. I got this Hermle movement stamped 451-050 in a GM case. It was missing the pendulum leader and suspension spring along with some other problems. I rebuilt the movement and went to complete the escape and found the Hermle repair manual illustration did not match this unit. The escape movement was completely different. Not only that, but in this movement, the suspension bridge does not even line up with the escape crutch slots. Any thoughts? This was made in 1976, and I doubt there have been any model changes. This one has me puzzled. I need to know what suspension spring to use, what the pendulum leader looks like, and how they work together as they don’t line up.

Posts: 285 | Location: Springfield, Ohio in the USA | Registered: June 06, 2008
Picture of Ken Knight
posted
Here is the problem area

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Hi Ken,
Here is an image of your clock that may give you an idea of what is missing. This from Black Forest Imports. This is an excellent source for parts also.
https://www.blackforestimports.../SearchDirectory.asp

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
This one has the gear on the left but looks like some parts are missing on the right side for the strike. Interesting !!!!

Bill Carlson

Picture of Ken Knight
posted
Bill, That is the puzzlement, the image you show from Black Forest, is the same as in my repair manual. However the escape is not the same, nor can I mount the overhead suspension spring support on it, as it is also attached to the front plate and there are no screw holes in it for that attachment.

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
I see what your talking about! I see the verge must be high in the one photo, but not on yours. I can see the escape wheel is low and wouldn't work.
You might contact Butterworth in Muscatine, Ia. and see what they have to say.
I'm at a loss like you for any answers.! Confused

Bill Carlson