• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hall Clock Identification "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello, I am new to your group. I have been a watch and clock repairman in the Prescott, AZ. area for 30 years. I have been semi retired for the last several years, but a friend needed some help, so I am back at it. Anyhow, I acquired this huge German floor clock and would like to get some more history on it and a idea of value. The case is 7'6" tall and 43" wide at the top, movement is a Kienzle 3 weight Westminster chime.It is dark oak with some nice carvings. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike Nelson

Mike N.

Posts: 10 | Location: Dewey, in Prescott Valley Arizona | Registered: April 13, 2008
posted
Here are a few more photos. Thanks, Mike Nelson

Posts: 10 | Location: Dewey, in Prescott Valley Arizona | Registered: April 13, 2008
posted
One more photo...

posted

Mike N.

posted

Mike N.

IHC Life Member
Picture of Donald Trumble
posted
Mike,
Welcome Aboard!
That is a beautiful clock, it will be interesting to watch it come together.
Don

Posts: 504 | Location: Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: April 02, 2005
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Mike,

Welcome to IHC185.

You have a very interesting clock with beautiful workmanship.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Debbie

Smile

Posts: 5236 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of Moses Gingerich
posted
Mr. Mike:

Does that movement have a set of crossed arrows on the other side? If it does is is likely a Junghans -made in Germany. The front side reminds me of one I just repaired. The way the levers are mad and arranged makes it look similar.
The case is just beautiful.

Posts: 143 | Location: Waxhaw, North Carolina USA | Registered: March 31, 2005
posted
Hello Moses, Thanks for the reply. The movement is marked Kienzle on the front plate and the # 115 on the rear along with a 30741 serial number. I don't know if the 2 companies did any movements that were similiar. Mike

Mike N.

Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Hi Mike,
WOW, whatever the value is, it's got to be huge!

At least to me. I think is fantastic, so I would hang in there until you find the complete answer to this one.

I'm a pocket watch person, so I can't really help you with this one, but I know a gorgeous case when I see one, and this one is one of them.

I have seen clocks like this, with this type of case, go for many thousands of dollars, however I have no idea what kind of movement they had in them, and as I'm sure you know, it does make a big difference.

Good luck,

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Did you get the SIZE of that clock?

Mike said 43" wide at the top, seven and a half feet tall, that would command nearly any room! Really interesting clock, like Don said it will be fun to watch it progress.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002