WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Three weight german tall clock pendulum attachment "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
The crutch end has a pin that sits perpendicular to the back of the case. It's about an inch long and 3/32 dia. It's part of a beat setting disc operated by a small bent wire on the front. Moving the wire moves the pin to one side or the other. There's an intermediate pendulum section about 10 in. long that has a split hooked end. I can't figure out how this attaches to the crutch since it would put the pendulum bob 90 deg.out if I hooked over the pin. The other end of this section fits nicely into the end of the main pendulum shaft. Maybe something is missing from the end of the pin.

The clock is from the 20's or 30's, I think. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Peter

Posts: 3 | Location: Alberta in Canada | Registered: November 15, 2021
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
A good picture or two would help us see what you're facing.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
You're quite right, of course. It's a neighbours clock and I might yet have to take the workings out for a better look.
Thanks

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Here's a picture of my German Kieninger, emphasizing the logo, but shows the mechanism. What you describe sounds like something like this one.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
The piece of interest attaches to the crutch via the horizontal pin into a slot. I found the wire tab on the front of the beat adjusting disc was loose. Turning the disc directly solved the problem.
All became clear with the works out of the case. The name in MAUTHE. All is now good.
Thanks for your interest.
Peter