WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Parnis 21J Power Reserve Automatic..Seagull 2530..First Look "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1338
posted
I was intrigued with the design of this watch and Seagull is a decent movement, so decided to give this a go.

What showed up was a pretty heavy 43MM well built automatic with a well defined dial and beautiful blued screws, hands, and numeral markers. It's also a "Hack" type movement which is a Seagull 21 Jewel 2530 automatic movement. Case is SS with a PP bezel and brushed sides. Display back with mineral glass crystal. Screw in back. Front glass may be Sapphire. Entirely built in China, they are getting a lot better at this!

I won this at an ebay auction for little of nothing, and it was in my mainbox in less than 2 weeks! No more waiting a month on most stuff anymore.

Leather strap seems of good quality and you couldn't ask for a better match. I may buy a few more for resale, after I wear this for a month or so and see how it holds up (especially the crown and stem) but for now it looks and runs fantastic...nice higher end Chinese timepiece.

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Seagull 25XX is well made movement it will last I made few watches with seagull automatic movement no issue or complains from customers.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 1338
posted
2530 Movement

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
IHC Member 2030
posted
Doggone nice Tom
Stupid question, what is top inset dial
Reserve?
Beautiful
Mike

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Mike its just like on pocket watches winding indicator.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011