Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Rare 18k R. Gold Omega Chronometer on Ebay "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Master Watchmaker
Picture of Sham Agayev
posted
Take a look at this Omega wrist chronometer watch I posted this morning.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item...ageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Sham Agayev, CMW

Posts: 164 | Location: Overland Park, Kansas in the USA | Registered: September 15, 2005
IHC Life Member
Picture of Claude Girardin
posted
Dear Sham,

Just recently, Omega refurbished my 1961 Omega Constellation, for a reasonable price, making it like new again.

I am sure that they would have an original dial and hands and do an equivalent job to your movement.

On the case back, I am missing seeing the 18ct Gold Swiss official hallmarks, and other usual markings.

As a chronometer, the indication of the number of "adjustments" of the movement is missing. :-)

Posts: 168 | Location: Nidau-Biel/Bienne, Switzerland | Registered: July 06, 2004
IHC Life Member
Master Watchmaker
Picture of Sham Agayev
posted
Hi Claude. In regards to service, I am sure it could be put in a new like order. The problem is when the factory will replace the dial the value of this watch will go down. At least that is the case on other high end brands. In that regard I would say it will be better if I leave it alone I think.

In regards to case markings. I am with you, on the back it is totally marked differently than what we usually see. Well this is a special watch and I know there are not a lot of them there. Movement is marked 30T2 SC under the balance wheel. Position of the balance is not allowing to see it, but I will post the picture later date. Thank you for your time and the post.

Sham Agayev, CMW

Posts: 164 | Location: Overland Park, Kansas in the USA | Registered: September 15, 2005
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Sham,
The Omega Chronometer is awesome///// Smile

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Sham,
I have a 18k pink gold constellation thanks to Lin.
It may be my favorite watch///// Smile

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Nice watch Sham, thanks for sharing it!

Here is Tony's, a watch I could not bring myself to wear, just too perfect...

CLICK FOR TOPIC: 18K ROSE GOLD OMEGA SCROLL THE IMAGES!

Check the sharpness of that observatory on the case back everyone, 18K Rose Gold. Cool

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Life Member
Master Watchmaker
Picture of Sham Agayev
posted
Hi Tony and Lindell. I have one or two pocket watches. Maybe we can work out a trade? I love that watch. Thank you for for posts.

Sham Agayev, CMW

Picture of Donald Evans
posted
Claude Girardin,
Claude, I have an Omega Constellation I would
love to get restored. Can you tell me whom to
contact and etc. I also have a a Jura Watch Co.
watch (which was earlier Omega name) to be tended
to. Thanks a million.

Don Evans

Posts: 18 | Location: Willis, Texas in the USA | Registered: April 05, 2008
Watchmaker
Picture of Gene Furry
posted
Don,

If you are still in need of someone to do your Constellation restoration, I'd be glad to help you with that. We are in close proximity as I'm near Beaumont. Click my website link below and scroll to the bottom for contact info, or feel free to give me a call at 409-291-0062.

Gene

Posts: 54 | Location: Southeastern Texas in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008