Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Show us your Hamilton wristwatch "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Mary Ann and Gerald,
Thank you for your reply's. So I guess it is up to me! I will wear it for a while because it is new Cool, than she can have it if she wants.
The only problem I see, if she keeps it I will have to look for another for me. Big Grin

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
posted
which raises an interesting point folks why have gender related wristwatches in the first place?

We don't do it in cars; or do we?

Clive

Posts: 264 | Location: Westbrook, United Kingdom | Registered: June 15, 2007
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
I like the idea of giving it to your wife and finding another. You can never have too many can you? Big Grin

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Hamilton also made a Boulton II. It only has a few subtle changes. I think this is the ladies version! Big Grin

Posts: 370 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 10, 2007
posted
Hi,

This is one of mine collection. When the photo was take the seconds hand was not original.
I like it because the dial and that the band is larger than others models.

Paulo

Posts: 48 | Location: Near Sao Paulo, Brazil | Registered: January 06, 2010
posted
@Wayne - unlikely since those aren't (US) airborne wings. More likely it's a commercial version made for an aviation industry company beginning with "A".

Hammy canteen diver:

and a 6BB chrono:

Cheers, Colin

Posts: 6 | Location: Tacoma, Washington in the USA | Registered: January 16, 2010
posted
Colin I like both those military Hamiltons you got there.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Colin, thanks for the info on the flying A. I like that Chrono of yours also.

Posts: 370 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 10, 2007
posted
Here is my Hamilton R.R.Special Electric with a 505 11 jewel electric movement.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted
Mike

What date would that electric wristwatch be?

Clive

posted
A Hamilton 17J "Seckron" Grade 980 C. 1935

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
posted
Clive early 1960's from what I read 505 movement was one of the first electric movement's some one had the wrong battery in it and when putting the right one in the clip broke.Otto frie was sold out and if they had it would of cost 25.00 for one clip.Saw some one on flea bay selling a pair of clips for 25.00 two for the high price of one.

posted
Dave does your Hamilton have the same movement as the Hamilton military bomb timer.

posted
Mike,
I think you are correct. It looks as if the Cal. 980 was used in the WWII Hamilton Bomb Timer.
Here's an interesting link I found which sheds more light on this interesting topic.

Dave

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/tra...intl=us&fr=yfp-t-701

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
posted
Very nice watch Dave.

posted
Mike

very stylish electric wristwatch. Such a clear dial and so uncluttered.

posted
Dave,

Your Hamilton is fantastic. Smile

Posts: 48 | Location: Near Sao Paulo, Brazil | Registered: January 06, 2010
posted
Here are two nice Hamiltons. The one on the left is a 987E, Drake, which I was told was the first Hamilton wristwatch to use an Elinvar balance. The one on the right is a 748 Warwick, which is unusual, in that it was made by the original Hamilton factory with a sweep seconds hand. The 987E serial number is 4496805. The 748 serial number is CY23018.

Posts: 827 | Location: Bloomington, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 29, 2008
posted
The Warwick has a nice inscription on the back, but...

Posts: 827 | Location: Bloomington, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 29, 2008
posted
It was engraved so deeply that it cut through the case.

posted
I couldn't get the drake open (which is a good thing, really; but here is the Warwick.

Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
I have about 30 Hamilton wristwatches. Here is my most recent acquisition, a 1931 Langley:

Posts: 261 | Location: Chicago, Illinois USA | Registered: June 01, 2006