Tools
Reply to Post

Show us your Hamilton wristwatch "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Square B, Plain-Grade 987-17 jewels-Was priced at $55. in 1931 Hamilton catalog

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
987 movement

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Inside case back

posted
Well this is the only Hamilton wristwatch I have.It was given to me from a active duty Master Chief and a Master Diver in the US Navy from another forum.It was beat up had no second hand.And did not work.Asked to get a second hand here and got a good hand from Roger thanks Roger it fit.Had it serviced and now it works great and the hand don't look bad it's a Hamilton general purpose US Military issued in 1978 7 jewel movement.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted

Posts: 106 | Location: Widnes, United Kingdom | Registered: April 02, 2008
Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Does the A signify Airborne?

Posts: 370 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 10, 2007
Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Kaki Automatic

Posts: 370 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 10, 2007
Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Bolton
Correction: Boulton

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
One of my old ones.

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
The movement .

Bill Carlson

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Another nice Hamilton.

Bill Carlson

IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
This was my Grandfather's gold presentation watch for 25 years service at Hope Natural Gas Co. in West Virgina. I inherited it when my father passed away a few years ago. The case is marked 14K gold L&K and inside the back cover it's marked "Donavan". The movement is a 770 I believe with 22 jewels. It's quite a lovely watch and I do wear it from time to time.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
The case back.

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
posted
What a beautie. They don't make em like they used too..And I don't know of anyone giving away presentation watches like they used too either.

Ray

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
R D stands for Rockford Dale. I wanted desperately to name my son and my father's first namesake "Rockford" but my wife Marisa flatly refused. Our son is stuck with the name "Oliver" but I love him like a "Rockford" just the same!

Someday he'll wear this watch.

William

posted
Hamilton Perry

Posts: 784 | Location: Tijeras, New Mexico USA | Registered: July 12, 2005
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
This is a Hamilton Boulton that is in the mail on it's way to me.

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted

Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Earnst C. Your watch band really enhances your Perry. Could you give me some information on the band please, especially, where I could acquire one like that.

Thanks
Wayne

Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
My Hamilton Boulton arrived today. A nice looking and running watch.
My wife said it looked like lady's watch, and that got me to thinking. I don't know much about these older wrist watches so I thought I would ask here. Is it a man's watch or a lady's watch?
If it is a lady's watch I guess Merilyn just got another Christmas present!

Picture of Mary Ann Scott
posted
Ed - while I don't know for certain, I would say your Bolton is a man's watch. Although I have seen a trend of women wearing the older mens watches today. Perhaps it's because the dials are larger and easier to read. But I would say wear it yourself (unless Merilyn decides she wants it!) Big Grin

Posts: 1047 | Location: The Colony, Texas in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2008
posted
Ed

It's on you to declare this a lady's watch Smile

I think the watch would look great on your wife's wrist.

As Mary Ann said: more and more ladies use them and men using the old gent's watches have to answer questions (in the modern times of big and bulky wristwatches).

Regards
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009