Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...very nice John...I'm expecting a Ham 'Boulton' w/blue dial (pictured) which I recently purchased @Ebay, sometime later this month...expect I'll just love it! and I'll wear it next NY's Eve, God willing..Jim C

Posts: 872 | Location: Kingsville, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 16, 2003
posted
This is the wristwatch that I wear daily. Cool

Phil Dellinger
NAWCC# 157070
IHC Life Member (L12)
Proud IHC Member# 140 Wink

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
This is the one I started the new year with.

Tom Seymour
NAWCC# 41293
IHC Executive V.P.

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Wristwatch Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of William J. Hansen, Ph.D.
posted
Looking at all these magnificent looking Hamilton wrist watches, I would respectfully suggest that it is not the year of the Monkey, but rather the Year of the Hamilton. Today I'm going with the Hamilton Byrd, a 14K gold watch, produced 1930-1934. It is part of the "explorer series" of Hamilton's, named after famous explorers: Byrd, Andrews, Stanley, Wilkenson, Erickson. 284 examples of the Byrd were produced in yellow gold. Each of these watches has the elusive Hamilton 401 movement.

Bill Hansen
IHC# 198

Byrd

Posts: 813 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: January 22, 2003
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...as I indicated above, I was soon to take delivery on a Hamilton 'Boulton' 982...well here she is on her Hamilton factory 'blankie' (the latter a Company postcard obtained from Fred H)...Jim C

Picture of Carlos Flores
posted
Jim,
I like the way you assembled the picture of your watch and card, looks nostalgic and an elegant watch... you must be a happy owner isn’t it?

Posts: 325 | Location: Near Mexico City, Mexico | Registered: July 05, 2003
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...mucho gratias Carlos!...actually, while I believe the body of the watch is an authentic ca'41 'Boulton' complete w/a beautiful 19J 892 grade movement, I'm not so sure of the dial which, in fact, may have come off a quartz re-issue of the same model...nevertheless, I like the 'blue' look of the dial over the pale original...just a matter of taste or a lack of it perhaps...Jim C

posted
To keep the Hamilton theme going, here're a couple suggestions for evening wear. First, a Hamilton Wilshire, moveable lugs, 14k gf case 982M movement

Hamilton Wilshire

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
posted
Here's a Hamilton for the less formal evening; Secometer C, 14k case, 18-j 748 movement

Secometer C

posted
The cat's pyjamas, a ca 1925 Deuber Hampden 'Man O'Fashion' 14k wgf hinged case, 15-j round movement

Deuber

Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
On this very special day, Mother's Day, I have been blessed as well as very lucky to have a great mother! We enjoyed a wonderful celebration at one of her favorite restaurants in the area!

I enjoyed wearing my Raymond Weil quartz wristwatch on this special day!

Stephanie O'Neil

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003
posted
Stephanie,
a few weeks ago I sent you some pictures of watch crowns, among them was a Blancpain. Well here's the rest of the rest of the watch which is my current " daily favorite". It's a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms model from their Trilogy Series. This watch has a power reserve of 100 hours and is the most accurate time keeping mechanical watch that I own.. The aftermarket stainless steel mesh bracelet come from Jurgen Hauf in Germany. Eek Big Grin Razz

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
Hello everyone!

Since holiday season is once again here, many of us will be attending wonderful festivities this season wearing their favorite watch!

And, since we have many new members since my thread was originally initiated, I thought it a good idea to bring it to life again for your viewing pleasure and participation.

So, sit back, look at these beauties in many of our collections, and show us or tell us about which watch you wore today!!

Stephanie O'Neil

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003
posted
Since Christmas is coming soon, I decided to break out a nice watch to wear over the holidays. It's a two year old, near mint condition all stainless steel case with swivel lugs Corum Grande Date. Roll Eyes

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
I'm wearing my watch today. Smile

Madison Watch Co. USA

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004
posted
I've been wearing the Omega tank I got from Dave Freeman through the auction since I got it last Saturday. I am very impressed with its timekeeping; it's staying right with my radio-controlled clocks and is keeping much better time than the newer watches I have with that highly touted ETA 2824-2 automatic movement.

Picture of Jim Rogers
posted
I'm wearing my new $56.00 Accutron, LOL
Todays Watch

The watch is like new, alot better than the pic

Posts: 151 | Location: Atkinson, New Hampshire U.S.A. | Registered: October 17, 2004
IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
I am wearing a Hamilton Gladstone I just finished fixing. So far it is keeping great time.

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155

Posts: 896 | Location: New Jersey in the USA | Registered: December 16, 2002
IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
1920s deco 16 jewel Sterling Silver case. It is a nice long case 39mm long by 22mm wide excluding the crown. I will wear it today but it is eBay bound.
Merry Christmas and have a great New Year

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155

posted
Today, I wore my Omega. Got this watch about 20 years ago at a yard sale. I think I paid $1 for it. Have had it serviced twice in the 20 years that I've worn it. Keeps perfect time.

Tom

IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
Today I am wearing my LeCoultre Futurematic.

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155

IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
Picture 2

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155