Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...today, as most days, I wore my super-doober Hyundai 'got-it-from-my-dealer-for-$4.95 and an extra-battery' watch...set it to the daily time signal and proceed to regulate all my clocks, pws and wristies by it...of course, it isn't my dressed-to-go-to-meeting' watch but it's as reliable as my Santa Fe and as accurate a timepiece as I have in the house...Jim C

Posts: 872 | Location: Kingsville, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 16, 2003
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
I met with some friends today and dressed it up a bit with this Lord Elgin.

Tom Seymour
NAWCC# 41293
IHC Executive V.P.

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
For a time today I wore my Girard Perregaux Seahawk. The movement is a 15J Swiss (A Peseaux I believe)and aside from being pretty good looking, keeps excellent time. It has the best dial that I've seen on this type of watch. I believe these watches are very underrated.
B

SeaHawk

Posts: 97 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: December 21, 2002
Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
Today I wore my Christmas Fossil quartz wristwatch. On the dial is a picture of a Christmas tree, very colorful!

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
This is usually reserved for playoff time, but today was an exception. (Hockey fans will figure it out.)

Tom Seymour
NAWCC# 41293
IHC Executive V.P.

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted
Special Favorites...

I wore the combination you see below to the Chapter 37 Meeting in Pittsburgh this past Sunday. The Ball ORRS 25-Jewel Trainmaster wristwatch in the gold case is a special favorite. And I guess the rare Ball-Hamilton 21-Jewel Order of Railway Conductors with multi-color dial along with the chain and fob which came from the James L. Hernick Collection is more than special. Like the previous owner it's a legend.

Thanks for the opportunity to share these with all of you.

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Lindell,

Those are quite beautiful. I never thought of the idea of wearing two watches! Eek Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Thanks for sharing. Want to talk about the legend? Confused

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...thanks to Lindell (he sent me several xtra straps for the Santa Fe fob I won @auction here) I finally was able to 'strap on' this little 3/0 beauty (has lugs; may be military?)which I got at an auction recently for $5CDN (was even a better bargain since I paid in coin Smile)...a new staff, crystal, bath, powder and perfume and voila!!!...s/n dates it in 1913...I love it!...Jim C

[This message was edited by Jim Cope on December 10, 2003 at 11:46.]

posted
Jim C.,
That's some watch Jim. I really like it. Would look great worn as a wristwatch. Smile Wish it were mine! Frown Smile

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Jim, that is a rather unusual dial, too. What is the movement?

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
....thanks Stephanie!...I'm wearing it now as a ww with the xtra strap/buckle that I got from Lin...yes, I like it too...the dial is instantly readable for farsighted me...Jerry, the movement is an AWWC 1907 hunting 0/3 fit in an AWC sterling case...thanks!...Jim C

IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...showing off...

posted
Oh Jim, nice arm! Big Grin No really, your watch looks great, particularly on your arm. Thanks for showing both! I want that watch!!!!! Frown Frown Frown Frown Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Smile

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

Picture of Ralph Rehner
posted
Wore on of my personal favorite restorations to a business lunch today. It's a Longines deco from the 1920's.

Ralph Rehner, "The Clock Pup" and Longines Watch Guy

Posts: 89 | Location: Brunswick, Ohio USA | Registered: January 17, 2003
posted
This Christmas day I wore my creme de la creme of wristwatches.

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

posted
to the Fairmont Hotel. Thought you might enjoy a view of the lobby at the Fairmont Hotel in New Orleans, decorations of angel hair and flocked Christmas trees extending a traditon for many years.

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

Wristwatch Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of William J. Hansen, Ph.D.
posted
Can you tell us more about this one? It is really beautiful.

Bill Hansen
IHC# 198

Posts: 813 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: January 22, 2003
posted
Thank you Bill. I wish I could oblige your request, but hesitant to pop open the back for further inspection as the watch is in mint condition, without a scratch, running, and keeping good time. I can tell you on the back of the case is stamped W-14K Gold Filled.

My curiousity is roused as a result of your question. Eek Hmmmm.

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...you can do it Stephanie!!!ever so carefully w/the watch coddled in a cloth in the clutch of your hand carefully but surely separate the case at the most likely point w/your most likely instrument and then voila!!!POP!!!but then maybe you should wait for JD to advise..Smile...Jim C

Wristwatch Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of William J. Hansen, Ph.D.
posted
My guess is that this is a remarkably fine example of the Hamilton Watson, from 1936. It is a very lovely watch.

Bill Hansen
IHC# 198

Posts: 813 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: January 22, 2003
posted
Hamilton Boulton. 14K gf case, 19-j 982M movement

Boulton

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
posted
Hamilton Secometer I think. It doesn't exactly match any of those in the Rondeau book, but it does have the hack setting feature. 10K bezel and lugs, back is marked 'base metal'. Unlike many Hamilton's with a sweep second and 18 jewels this one is marked 17-j. I would post a picture of the movement, but it's very snug in the case and I don't want to do any damage trying to get it out and back in.

secometer

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002