Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
posted
This is my latest wristwatch acquisition. It is 9C gold, and has a metal dial with raised gold-colored chapters and minutes ring. The dealer I bought it from said he bought it from the original owner who was a WWI vet. Except for the patina on the dial, the rest of the watch is pretty much like it left the factory. The fluting on the bezel and back cover is sharp and well defined, and the threads on the case tube are perfect (that is often a problem area on these old Rolex Oysters).
Based on the style of the crown and the movement having a thicker "super-balance" design, I'm guessing it is from the mid 1930's.

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008
Picture of Dave Keefe
posted
For December 1st it’s a 1961 Seamaster on a 7-row BOR bracelet

Posts: 92 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: November 24, 2020
posted
1969 Omega Seamaster
Fits my wrist very well Smile

Posts: 784 | Location: Tijeras, New Mexico USA | Registered: July 12, 2005
IHC Member 2030
posted
Ernest, that is a perfect watch that fits well.
I have seen many, but that one is fine!
Here is one worn a lot.

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015
posted
Mike, I also like your Wittnauer. I have a black dial automatic Wittnauer that I wear occasionally. Next week when I rotate watches I will send a picture of it on the wrist. That Rye looks good next to it Smile

Picture of Dave Keefe
posted
Humming along this Friday Wink with my ‘73 Bulova Spaceview

IHC Member 2030
posted
Nice one Dave. Reminds me of a tv show that ended 1969

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roddy J. Brunton
posted
To be honest Ernest, I think that Seamaster looks far too big on your wrist...I think you should just send it up here to The Promised Land where I assure you, it will have a good home and receive the wrist time it so richly deserves...
Ben here, and I will take great care of it.

Roddy JB

Posts: 1385 | Location: Richmond, British Columbia in Canada | Registered: January 07, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
Just to clarify, by Ben, I'm of course referring to Captain Benjamin L. Willard of Apocalypse Now fame...

Roddy JB

Posts: 1385 | Location: Richmond, British Columbia in Canada | Registered: January 07, 2009
Picture of Dave Keefe
posted
Thanks Mike, I should get a startrek badge to wear along with it : )

posted
Roddy, very nice Seiko 6105 but I think my Omega Seamaster will be staying home for a while.

IHC Life Member
posted
Cheers Ernie,
Understood and thanks for the compliment on Ben.
We will always be here should you change your mind. Smile

Roddy JB

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
I've been wearing my 21j ORRS Trainmaster for the past week. LOVE this watch, and not sure why I haven't worn it more since getting it back from Chris Abell! Cool

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
IHC Member 2030
posted
Mark
I would like to see that trainmaster.
Here is one carried around the house, today considered worn
Ball purchased on this site.
Regards
Mike

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Mike, here it is when I got it off the 185 auction last year.
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/...6021842/m/1863979297

I'm wearing my 1976 Bulova Accutron 214 today!

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Picture of Dave Keefe
posted
I felt like channeling some Jimmy Stewart charm today, wearing my 1950 Gruen Veri-Thin

IHC Member 2030
posted
Mark, ahh marnie apparently you didn’t get skinned, I got some good watches from her business.
Including a gruen verithin,
nice one Dave, what movie did jimmy wear that in? I always look what they wear.
Regards
Mike

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Yeah, Chris cleaned it up beautifully.

I’m totally pleased to finally own a 21j Trainmaster like I saw in the window of the railroad watch inspector back in my hometown in the 60’s and early 70’s!

A true bucket list item. Smile

Dave, I have a Veri-thin model very similar in my collection I occasionally wear. The case lugs are a bit fancier, but the dial and shape identical.

Regards ! Mark

IHC Member 2030
posted
Gruen obtained from this site.
Here’s to everyone obtaining their dream watch, eventually.
Regards

Picture of Dave Keefe
posted
Hi Mike, not that I've seen Jimmy Stewart wear this, but to me it is evocative of the feel-good gold-old-days. I love your curvex, Gruen Precisions are the way to go Smile

IHC Member 2030
posted
quote:

Wearing lefty Lume Luger this week
Obtained on this site from Peter k

IHC Life Member
posted
THIS HUMBLE OLD GIRL TODAY....
TUDOR OYSTER REGENT

Roddy JB