Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Dan Carter
posted
It's an ETA 2836-2.

Posts: 407 | Location: Northern Virginia in the USA | Registered: October 08, 2011
IHC Member 2030
posted
Dan
The Carter Khaki is most most excellent.
Very tasteful , possibly the only watch you would ever need! Yea right Smile
Thanks for showing.

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015
Picture of Dan Carter
posted
Thanks! It is a fun watch to wear. I opted for a screw down crown, and sapphire crystals to make this an all around watch. Need to find a nice metal bracelet I think as well

Dan

Posts: 407 | Location: Northern Virginia in the USA | Registered: October 08, 2011
posted
My TT DJ. It's a classic.

Posts: 45 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: October 25, 2016
Picture of Dan Carter
posted
Nice watch!

posted
Thanks Dan! It was a 40th BD present from my Mrs.

posted
Another favorite classic watch of mine. The Santos 100 on a custom black croc hornback. And what better joker to hold it for me, Mr. J Wink

Picture of Dan Carter
posted
Eric, it almost looks like Mr J is offering me the watchSmile. If you insist Big Grin

I wore my Hamilton Ventura XXL today!!! Fun watch to wear with some lineage!

posted
haha,it does Dan. Cool Ventura! MIB Wink

Picture of Dan Carter
posted
Hamilton is a big product placement watch company. “Men In Black” is one reference, but I prefer Elvis’ “Blue Hawaii” for what gave this watch an opportunity to become a classic Smile . When people see the XXL model of Ventura they automatically think it’s a communicator with some space ship Big Grin. I wish it did!

This one is probably closer in style to the original, but with an automatic movement vs battery.

Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Great watch Dan I always want the Ventura watch

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
posted
Seiko 6106 with inner rotating bezel,new crystal on it way

posted
Another day another vintage Seiko 6106-8229 aka rally diver

posted
I love my Omega! Wear it almost every day. And its not running fast LOL, I just set it wrong yesterday after, not wearing it a couple days. Smile

It is what it is!

Posts: 54 | Location: Rolesville, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2017
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Here's my new daily driver! For 16 bucks! Seiko 7009-8590-P with original bracelet. Been wearing this for the past two weeks. Keeps nearly perfect time. Has the quick change day setting. Just the right size. Not too big and bulky.
Nothing special, but for the price?

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
Not bad Dave those are great watches and you got it for good price.
Here is my vintage diver from 70s
strap cost me more then the watch lol.

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Nice. And I do like that strap. I look at all kinds of watches and keep going back to the old one.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
Just finish restoring that little vintage diver I did it just for the dial alone found spare parts on ebay it FE-140 manual wind 17j 21600 beats and power reserve of 47 hours

IHC Member 1063
posted
Long Bulova tank with two-tone dial.

Posts: 242 | Location: Massachusetts in the USA | Registered: February 07, 2008
posted
that was yesterday on my wrist
Zodiac Astrographic SST with 36000bph movement.

IHC Life Member
posted
Wore my 1932 Rolex Oyster yesterday. I started with a NOS 9 ct case that I bought from a guy in NYC. The alligator strap came from Thailand. The correct 10 1/2 L. Hunter movement and dial was sourced off of eBay. The restoration involved a COA on the movement, correcting some cross threading on one of the mounting screw holes, replacing a missing leg on the dial, and resizing the hands. I also had to do a cosmetic repair to part of the "5" and the "railroad track next to the five. I just finished the project yesterday....whoohoo!!!

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008
IHC Member 1357
posted
Impressive Bruce!!

Posts: 4087 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010