Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
The only Caribbean I have is directly east of where i live. Big Grin

I must say, you have hek of a nice collection.

Wear them in good health.

IHC Member 1193

Posts: 216 | Location: Key Biscayne, Florida in the USA | Registered: October 21, 2008
posted

IHC Member 1193

Posts: 216 | Location: Key Biscayne, Florida in the USA | Registered: October 21, 2008
posted
wearing a "no-name."

Posts: 292 | Location: Vancouver, Washington, USA | Registered: May 19, 2005
posted
here is the other side of my "no-name."

Posts: 292 | Location: Vancouver, Washington, USA | Registered: May 19, 2005
posted
Wow.

Posts: 827 | Location: Bloomington, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 29, 2008
posted
Simply stunning!!!!

IHC Member 1193

posted

IHC Member 1193

IHC Life Member
posted
I have several Illinois wrist watches, but this is my favorite. It is a 17 jewel, model 4, 3/0 movement, circa 1928. I still need to fix the radium in the hands, but will get to that this winter.

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008
posted
Just be sure you don't lick your paint brush.
Beautiful watch!

Steve G.

Posts: 827 | Location: Bloomington, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 29, 2008
posted
enicar sherpa star, haven't worn this one in a long time...a great watch!

Posts: 88 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
I'm far too rough on a wrist watch to wear a nice vintage one, or a nice new one, all the time. But I do like my Citizen minute repeater with eco-drive (has a photo cell built into the dial so it uses no batteries - EVER), perpetual calendar, near perfect timing, and date hand. Also, the grand kids like to hear the 'ting-tang' of the minute repeater when button is pushed. And, I must admit, if I awake in the middle of the night, although the dial hands are luminous, I can listen to the repeater if I want to know the time without putting my glasses on. Ringing the repeater never fails to bring a smile on the face of unsuspecting listeners. It has the hardest glass crystal I have ever had the pleasure of wearing. Perfect adult watch afficionado toy.

Posts: 803 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: September 02, 2009
posted
60s Heno super compressor with an unusual German deployment

Posts: 88 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
I LIKI, LIKI. Smile

IHC Member 1193

posted
Civitas Military

IHC Member 1193

posted
Nice! I like that strap, too. Seems that grey is the rare color....!

posted
Nice Scott. Do you know where i can get more and if they came in other size?

Thanks

IHC Member 1193

posted
You bet, they're 5/8" thru 3/4", please contact me directly if you are interested.

Scott

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Looks like its time to add another watch to this thread. I have lots of favorites, and this is one of them.
Lord Elgin, 626, 21 j , 4 adj. GF, N80325

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
This Omega tonight

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Nice looking Lord Elgin, Bill.... I am a great fan of the Lord Elgin wristwatch....

Opps Samie, beat me to the spot....that's a nice Omega as well Samie....

Here's one that I wear from time to time, not daily, but often....
It is a Lord Elgin, 556, sn 89892, 21j, 5 adj. housed in a 14k gf star case....

Keeps very good time....

Regards,
Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
I like the Omega, Samie. Mine runs great. I keep it on a winder to keep it ready, and I wear it often. You did a nice job on it. Smile

Bill Carlson

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Jerry, I like the Elgins also. Here is another one but I don't know what the movement is, as I do not know how to open it. The stem and crown go thru the case back. But it run great and is very accurate. These are all garage sale finds. Cheap !!!

Bill Carlson