Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
Everyone wears a wristwatch each day right? Here's an opportunity for non-participating members to participate as well. Members and non-members alike will have the opportunity of reading who wears what daily whether it be a quartz, character, vintage or new watch! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Now be honest. Smile Let's have some fun with this topic and keep this thread going daily. Post a picture if you like!

Today I wore my vintage curvex Elgin wristwatch (late 1930's early 1940's). Didn't want to open the back so I'm not sure of the jewel count or movement. May get the courage to pop open the back.

Which wristwatch did you wear today? Confused

Let's all participate and have fun!

Stephanie O'Neil
IHC Member 54

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003
posted
Today I'm wearing my trusty Accutron in gold that I wear most of the time.
J Smith

Old Geezer #99

Posts: 188 | Location: Warrenton, North Carolina U.S.A. | Registered: January 12, 2003
posted
A classic Omega Seamaster 600 circa 1965

Posts: 27 | Location: Warrington, in the United Kingdom | Registered: December 08, 2002
IHC Member 250
Picture of Sam Hansen
posted
I'm wearing a large Cushion case in Sterling with what I think is an 0 size 15 jewel movmement. Made by Elgin in the Good old U.S. of A.

Posts: 425 | Location: Washington State, Northwest USA | Registered: May 13, 2003
Wristwatch Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of William J. Hansen, Ph.D.
posted
Today, I decided on the Hamilton Flight I. The Flight is a 1961 creation, made of 14K gold, and the Hamilton 770 movement.

Bill Hansen
IHC# 198

Flight I

Posts: 813 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: January 22, 2003
posted
Wow! Isn't this fun?

Today I wore my 1940's 10K Roll Gold plate Benrus, stainless steel back, 321805. Square dial, with sub second dial as well. Smile

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Today I wore my Longines transition watch.

Tom Seymour
NAWCC# 41293
IHC# 104
IHC Executive V.P.

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Wristwatch Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of William J. Hansen, Ph.D.
posted
I just couldn't resist wearing an oval... Roll Eyes

Oval

Posts: 813 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: January 22, 2003
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Bill,
I was at the Strongsville meeting yesterday, so I couldn't post, but I was wearing one similar to yours.

Tom Seymour
NAWCC# 41293
IHC# 104
IHC Executive V.P.

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Carlos Flores
posted
Today my humble Russian Poljot, alarm, 18j, blue face, I love its looks and it really is a conversation piece after it sounds.
Need a camera, I have started convincing the home CFO, Christmas probably...

Posts: 325 | Location: Near Mexico City, Mexico | Registered: July 05, 2003
posted
Bill,

What happened for that to happen and how can it be resolved? Confused I figured I better start asking these questions and finding out those answsers as I purchased a new digital camera and it's in route! Roll Eyes BTW - wonderful wristwatches you have the opportunity of owning, wearing and enjoying! Smile

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
Stephanie & Bill,

Bill's last picture didn't upload completely. Also, I had to reduce the size of Bill's other pictures to prevent page wrapping (appearance of lower scroll bar on your browser).

John D. Duvall
Vice President, Education

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Today, and most days, I wear the Wittnauer I got as a high school graduation present from my Dad. It seerved me through college, the army and quite a while after that. It was retired, then recently put into tip top shape by "The Longines Man", Ralph Rehner. I really enjoy wearing it. It is my everyday watch.

Tom Seymour
NAWCC# 41293
IHC# 104
IHC Executive V.P.

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
A 1982 dated U.S.Army Hamilton w/black dial on a black "Bund" strap of the type used by the W.German Army.

Posts: 1983 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
OK, some of you are going to cringe at this one. Usually I wear my Casio quartz watch. Remember I am not a watch collector, but into clocks. I have a radio set clock that gets the exact time signals from Boulder, CO (?) coordinated universal time, and I set the quartz watch with it. Then Sunday mornings, I use the quartz watch to set every clock as I wind them. I did use an old shortwave radio to pick up the time signals, but it was hard to hear at times. You would be surprised at how far off a quartz clock can get in just a few weeks.

I bought the all stainless steel Casio in about 1982 or so, and it has had about 3 replacement batteries in that time. It has Lithium long life batteries about the size of a nickle, and they last about 7 years. I don't wear it every day, but it is my favorite. For work on the farm, I wear another quartz Casio I got free with a cuckoo clock I bought at a local auction. It has an analog dial, and two seperate digital clocks, which I use my radio control clock to set to the exact second. It is in a plain looking black plastic case.

I'll have to try to send pictures of an old watch I have, a Wittnauer that is in the original box, and looks brand new. It is from the 1950s era, curved rectangular case.

Andy

Member of Chapters 168 and 185.

Posts: 1190 | Location: Indiana in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 25, 2002
posted
I am wearing a Casio Wave Ceptor. It is one of the radio controlled watches. It sets itself every night. It is always to the second when I compare it to my Junghans Mega. I also checked against the audio signals from WWV, and it is right on. Big 5 sporting goods stores were selling them for $19.95, and I had to have one.

Posts: 767 | Location: Los Osos, California USA | Registered: December 12, 2002
posted
I am wearing a Swiss Army watch. About seven years ago I had no wrist watches that worked so I put watch on my Christmas list. I got three, one from my father, one from my brothers and one from my girlfriend. The Swiss Army watch is the only one I have worn - guess which one my girl friend gave me.

Richard

Richard K. Reise

Posts: 26 | Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2003
posted
Today I'm wearing my Swiss Gothic, 7 jewels, blue crystal, blue strap, Pioneer stainless back 391797. A neat little watch probably from the 50's. Best part about this WW is the blue crystal! Cool

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
Like most days I am wearing my Hamilton Tonneau. My wonderful wife found this little trinket at a yard sale about 10 years ago. She seems to be able to find the gold I never can. She came home and said I paid $10.00 for this and I think I paid to much. Well I opened it up and showed her the 14K marks and she felt much better, of course the watch had no crystal or hands and the dial you see now looked black at the time.

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155

Posts: 896 | Location: New Jersey in the USA | Registered: December 16, 2002
IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
For a change of pace today I will wear my New Yorker. It was one of those find the watch put it in the draw while you hunt for parts. This one is the 21J motor barrel.

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
That's a cool watch, Rich. I don't think I've ever seen one with the seconds bit in the 9 o'clock position before. Regards. Mark
IHC Member 163

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
I am wearing this 14K Gruen today. I just finished it and want to see how it does on the wrist.It has a 15 jewel 406 cal. movement.

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155