Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Question about a Benrus "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of David Fahrenholz
posted
I have several Benrus's and have worked on a lot of them. They do have some interesting pieces and many times very inexpensive to pick up. Someone mentioned Marathon watches. The government issue pieces are tough to open so be carefull with those as you could do some damage.

I have a client that I do several of these a year and I had to purchase a new case back opener just for these.

David Fahrenholz

Posts: 52 | Location: Fishers, Indiana USA | Registered: June 24, 2003
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Good evening, all.

Model DN 24.

A 'Benrus' I picked up a little while ago.

At present in the process of dating & cataloguing.

Any ideas of which period?

Better pictures tomorrow.

Timely regards.

Roy

Benrus Model DN24

Posts: 463 | Location: London in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 11, 2006
posted
Roy,

Looks like the '50s to me. You might be able to narrow it down if you can identify the base movement.

Regards,

Cary

Posts: 267 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama USA | Registered: December 12, 2005
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Thanks for reply, Cary.

Movement is a 'ETA 77' AX3 Seventeen 17 Jewels.

Narrow down, date?

Timely regards.

Roy.

Posts: 463 | Location: London in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 11, 2006
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Check out this one I just purchased from David, and he's going to list some more of these on the board. Really nice.

New Old Stock!

Sheila

benrusw

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
closeup

Sheila

Benrusww

IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Very nice, Sheila.

David has done you 'proud!'

Benrus DN 24

Dial & case.

Benrus 1

IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Side view.

Lovely case!

Benrus 2

IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Movement.

Unsual? Model DN 24?

Not rare, but unsual naming movement for 'Benrus?'

Roy.

Benrus 3

posted
Roy! I must have passed your first picture, your watch is so beautiful!

I do like that shape, and the, almost wavy, shape around the face of this one, not too noticable but there for sure. When you really look at it face forward, you can see a completley different watch. I like that.

All of these watches are so nice, and have taken my eyes towards wristwatches for a change.

Now I look at them all the time.
They sure are beautiful.

Sorry I broke the line of your pictures Eek Big Grin

Sheila

Picture of Matthew E. Sutton
posted
Absolutely spendid looking watches!

Posts: 495 | Location: Kailua, Hawaii in the USA | Registered: March 14, 2005
posted
What is it about these Benrus Watches that hits me? Even in this shape I just had to have it.

Looks terrible, but THAT SHAPE!

Is it just my worped mind?

I can't help it, I like it a lot.

Sheila

Benrus51967w

Picture of Dan-Catalin Buzdugan
posted
Hello everybody,
I am also interested in BENRUS watches and I like to ask:
1. as you can see in my 2 pics attached there are 3 colors on the dial (red, yellow, blue). Does anybody know if that existed any Benrus collection with this logo on the dial? I personally suppose that this logo appears due to Romanian origin of founding Lazarus brothers which placed the Romanian flag on the dial!
2. can anybody indicate me some more detailed literature about the Benrus history (books, articles, magazines, other than you usually find on the net - ex. www.thewatchguy.com );
3. I am also interested in Benrus "Citation" (around 1945-1950) collection. Does anybody have photos, ad, infos, details....?
4. does anybody know a table with the serial no. vs. production year for Benrus watches?

Thank you for your interest.
All the best!

Dan-Catalin B.
- - - - - -

- - - - - -

Posts: 12 | Location: Brasov, Romania in Europe | Registered: October 21, 2007
posted

Posts: 216 | Location: Key Biscayne, Florida in the USA | Registered: October 21, 2008
posted
Forgot. Circa 1960

IHC Member 1193

Posts: 216 | Location: Key Biscayne, Florida in the USA | Registered: October 21, 2008
posted
What a great thread! I'd definitely say that Benrus has some beautiful watches out there, especially for the collector on a budget.

My Benrus

Posts: 3 | Location: South Australia | Registered: March 19, 2008
Picture of Dan-Catalin Buzdugan
posted
Hi everybody,
I have been working for the last months at a short Benrus Watch Co. history. I am a Benrus watches collector and this subject I found to be interesting also because only a few info were known.
Some parts are already in English and I hope that all should be ready at the end of January.
Below is the link to my web pages were you can find this history. Any kind of feedback is welcome and any information is helpful.
In the spirit of this topic I also post 2 pics with some of my Benrus Citation watches.
All my best,
Dan-C.

My site is:
WATCHES FOR ROMANIA

Benrus history:
Benrus - Romanian Origin?

Posts: 12 | Location: Brasov, Romania in Europe | Registered: October 21, 2007
posted
Beautiful watches people. Dan loved yur web site.

IHC Member 1193