• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bulova “Transportation Special” cal 10BNCHR "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I could not find any info on this seemingly high grade Bulova 10BNCHR movement; 10.5L, 23J, hack second, micro regulator, 5 positions adj plus temperature. Movement date shown 1962 production. I have a few 15J 10BNCH cal used in A17A and MIL-W-3818A Korean era military watches but have not seen this one before. Is this a railroad approved Bulova watch? If anybody has any info on the correct case reference will be much appreciated.

Posts: 39 | Location: Bdr Sunway, Selangor, Malaysia | Registered: June 08, 2005
posted
Movement scan

Posts: 39 | Location: Bdr Sunway, Selangor, Malaysia | Registered: June 08, 2005
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Hello Lau Siew Ming,

That is a very high grade Bulova movement, but may not have been RR Approved as I do not see it listed as such. The quality and "5-Positions" adjustment should qualify.

Note the "M-5" perhaps a 1965 release date? Confused

One of our members sold such a watch recently...

Click for: ~ Bulova ~ Railroad "Transportation Special" Auction

There you can see the case details.

Hope this helps!

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Trying to determine what the R is, in the 10BNCHR?
Anyone?

Dave Turner

Posts: 1978 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Thought I might make a bid on this until I watched the price sky rocket to a final price of $680.
Bulova 23J Transportation Special

Dave Turner

Posts: 1978 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
10BNCH was their later military watch,I suspect a railroad version was to bring new life and markets for the movement. The 'R' must designate railroad. It may have been a special order for a wholesaler. 1960s was when wristwatches were finally RR approved. Apparently watch was not a big success because I can't recall any info in any of our Bulova material catalogs or service bulletins or factory communications.

Posts: 653 | Location: St Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: May 04, 2004
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Here's a link to the "family/generation" of that model. Bulova

Dave Turner

posted
"10BNCHR: details uncertain" Guess we know more than Dr Ranfft.

posted
BTW a google search will bring up some good information. There is a good Bulova watches website for collectors.