Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Two tone dial wristwatch "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
With all the talk of two [COLOR:GREY]tone wristwatches, I decided to share a pic of my Bulova two tone dial wristwatch from my wristwatch collection!

Do others have two tone dials they would like to show? Confused

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003
posted
Hi Steph, Great looking Bulova and a nice piece of jewelry. Now you have prompted me to dig through my box of wristwatchs looking for tu-tone dials.

Tom

posted
Here are 3 pictures of some two-tone dials. Waltham and Bulova

Waltham & Bulova

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
posted
Second picture: 3 Hamiltons

posted
Third picture, 4 Gruens. One YGF Curvex, 3 rose gold filled.

Gruens

Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Here is a no-name ladies wristwatch example. (15j movement is marked "RELIDE")

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
Illinois WW Expert
posted
Hi all,
The Illinois Watch Company had over two dozen different wristwatch models configured with " Butler Centers". They usually contained a shiny silver or yellow center.A Butler finish is a special polishing technique which produces a finely hammered finish through the use of special proprietary polishing wheels.
This technique is described in my book on Illinois watches and some finished examples of this process can be seen on the sample pages for the Chieftains and Marquis' on the book's website at illinoiswatches.com.Unfortunately, I am probably the only person in the U.S. without a digital camera so I have to refer you to the sample pages. Sorry about that.
Fred

Posts: 9 | Location: Irvine, California in the USA | Registered: January 14, 2004
Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
Thanks Tom H. Glad I was able to inspire you!! I'll look foward to seeing your two-tone dial w/ws soon! Roll Eyes

John A.,
Beautiful collection of two tone wristwatches! Smile
Thanks so much for sharing!

Jerry T.,
Thanks for sharing an interesting ladies two tone dial with us!

Fred F.,
Thanks for your input as well. Sounds like your book is a must-have, particularly for the Illinois watch collector. Sad story regarding young women dial painters and the use of Radium. Frown

Other two tone dials you would like to share?

Stephanie O'Neil

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003
posted
Hi Steph, Could find one that I thought was a true tu-tone, but am showing a couple of ladies watchs with deco dials with it.

Tom

wristwatches