Internet Horology Club 185
Two tone dial wristwatch

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9886009961/m/604105251

April 02, 2004, 18:08
Stephanie O'Neil
Two tone dial wristwatch
With all the talk of two [COLOR:GREY]tone wristwatches, I decided to share a pic of my Bulova two tone dial wristwatch from my wristwatch collection!

Do others have two tone dials they would like to show? Confused

April 02, 2004, 20:25
Tom Huber
Hi Steph, Great looking Bulova and a nice piece of jewelry. Now you have prompted me to dig through my box of wristwatchs looking for tu-tone dials.

Tom
April 04, 2004, 11:45
John Arrowood
Here are 3 pictures of some two-tone dials. Waltham and Bulova

Waltham & Bulova

April 04, 2004, 11:46
John Arrowood
Second picture: 3 Hamiltons

April 04, 2004, 11:51
John Arrowood
Third picture, 4 Gruens. One YGF Curvex, 3 rose gold filled.

Gruens

April 04, 2004, 19:01
Jerry Treiman
Here is a no-name ladies wristwatch example. (15j movement is marked "RELIDE")

April 04, 2004, 21:54
Fred Friedberg
Hi all,
The Illinois Watch Company had over two dozen different wristwatch models configured with " Butler Centers". They usually contained a shiny silver or yellow center.A Butler finish is a special polishing technique which produces a finely hammered finish through the use of special proprietary polishing wheels.
This technique is described in my book on Illinois watches and some finished examples of this process can be seen on the sample pages for the Chieftains and Marquis' on the book's website at illinoiswatches.com.Unfortunately, I am probably the only person in the U.S. without a digital camera so I have to refer you to the sample pages. Sorry about that.
Fred
April 06, 2004, 13:43
Stephanie O'Neil
Thanks Tom H. Glad I was able to inspire you!! I'll look foward to seeing your two-tone dial w/ws soon! Roll Eyes

John A.,
Beautiful collection of two tone wristwatches! Smile
Thanks so much for sharing!

Jerry T.,
Thanks for sharing an interesting ladies two tone dial with us!

Fred F.,
Thanks for your input as well. Sounds like your book is a must-have, particularly for the Illinois watch collector. Sad story regarding young women dial painters and the use of Radium. Frown

Other two tone dials you would like to share?

Stephanie O'Neil

April 06, 2004, 20:51
Tom Huber
Hi Steph, Could find one that I thought was a true tu-tone, but am showing a couple of ladies watchs with deco dials with it.

Tom

wristwatches