• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

How to tell a fake vs real Pacer automatic? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I seem to remember these are kinda rare-but it is noted that many are fakes. I guess they put an automatic movement into a pacer case.

Can anyone give advice besides just checking to see if the movement serial number is 1962?

Michael

Posts: 51 | Location: Hurst, Texas USA | Registered: January 14, 2007
IHC Life Member
posted
A few notes on authentic Pacer-matics --

It must have a 667 auto. movement.

The dial must be silver, and preferably not refinished. The word "automatic" is in script with a lower case "a".

The dial feet should show no signs of having been moved.

The movement ring is a simple nickel plated circle of metal.

The case bezel is notched to fit over the movement stem.

dan.

pacer-matic

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
IHC Life Member
posted
Case bezel and movement below ---

case top

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
IHC Life Member
posted
667 movement and case ring --- movements are not numbered so no help in identifying.

movement

IHC Life Member
posted
And finally -- from the 4th. edition of Rene Rondeau's wonderful book -- the numbers on the inside of the case back should be from two ranges, about S528500 thru S528800 and S637700 thru S638200.

Any case well outside these two ranges is suspect.

Dan.

posted
Nice watch!

I wish it was mine. It's on my dream list as I don't want to deal with the hamilton electric movement.

Michael

Posts: 51 | Location: Hurst, Texas USA | Registered: January 14, 2007