Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

nato straps. "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
I have been ask before why do I like nato straps so much.
Very simple nato straps safe lives that is watch life or crystal at minimum,when spring bar fail,
but let picture speaks for it self.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
I've found it's sort of a two edged sword. The only strap failures I've ever HAD were with NATO straps, as a spring bar fails when you pull the strap too tight on your wrist, putting more strain on the bar than a regular strap does.

I still like them and use them, but not for the reason you show. They caused the failure that made the watch fall in the first place....at least that's been MY experience with them to date. Wink

That's why I put the stainless steel diver's bracelet on my big PK Submariner.

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
posted
The rule of the thumb is you should have room under your strap, not too tight.

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Yep, I know. Smile

Regard! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Spring bars do fail and having a continuous strap gives you redundancy in case one does! How bad would it be if you ever lost your prize wristwatch ....bracelet and all? This has been bothering me for a while and I think it's time to get myself a black 20mm nato strap for my Speedmaster! After 8 years the bracelet is getting a little beat up anyway.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Crown and Buckle is a great place to buy them, William!

Regards! Mark

posted
Hi, guys. I have done well ordering online from Cheapest Nato Straps, based in Sweden. Very good quality and great prices with good discounts on multiples. Very good communications and tracking, too.

Posts: 124 | Location: Ottawa in Canada | Registered: December 21, 2012
posted
I order on ebay from different vendors,
William you can find good leather nato strap as well .

IHC Life Member
posted
I ordered a pretty nice looking black 20mm leather one from eBay earlier today. I'll give a report once I get it. Thanks!

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Member 1613
posted
I use Internationalwatchman.com for all my strap needs...Really good selection of bands and reasonable priced...

Posts: 2006 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
posted
I use strapsco good selection of leather and canvas straps.

IHC Life Member
posted
My favorite NATO strap for my daily Omega is the gray/black. Olive green also looks nice. I prefer the smaller polished stainless hardware and not the big matte black or stainless. This has been a great watch since new in 2010. I usually carry a pocket watch too, the watch geek that I am!

William

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
This is the last one I ordered from Crown and Buckle for my Seiko Solar and TCM dive watches. Craftsmanship is amazing, and VERY comfortable.

https://www.crownandbuckle.com...o-20mm-midnight.html

So, yes, Peter, you can teach an old dog new tricks. Wink

Regard! Mark

posted
nice to see the old post being resurrected.

IHC Member 2030
posted
Yes, the nato offers many style options.
That omega is a perfect fit with the black and Grey.
Your pride in that machine shows William, and deservedly so.

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015