Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton Wristwatch??? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
This watch I picked up the other day and wasn't to sure about what exactly it was. At first look I thought it was a junk quartz but after looking at it more I am unsure. The movement looks better than the normal baterry watch as it even has a coil with 7 jewels. Has anyone ever seen these before and if so what is it.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Member 1508
posted
Hi Robert. From what I can deduce from my Hamilton book, what you've got here is a "Flight II" from 1961. The two models that they show in my book have gold or silver dials, and 10K gold filled cases. But, after looking at the back of your watch, a couple of things stick out...the "Registered Edition" and "Base Metal Bezel". This could be one of those Swiss reproductions from Swatch, who own the Hamilton name. Regards, Brad

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks Brad I figured it was the newer swiss made model but I never knew they used better 7 jewel quartz movements I thought they were all cheapies, or at least the ones I remember seeing. Was the earlier Swiss ones better quality than later ones, maybe I just never seen an earlier one.

IHC Member 1508
posted
I'm sorry I can't help you too much on this one, Rob. My knowledge pretty much ends when they started putting batteries in 'em.

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
No problem I usually never take time with quartz watches unless it is something that catches my eye.

IHC Member 1357
posted
Robert,I don't know anything about it but it is certainly "a looker" Regards Roger

Posts: 4093 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
If its for sale I might be interested. My wife loves the vintage looking quartz watches. She can wear them to work and not have to worry about running one of her vintage windups.

genebuff@charter.net

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
Eugene I sent you and email Thanks

posted
Did someone say "Flight"?

Rick

Posts: 141 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2005
posted
Hamilton "Reissue" in quartz. I currently have a Hamilton Bolton in the reissue model. I have seen other models that were also reissued. The ones I have seen have a registered number on the back.

Posts: 785 | Location: Tijeras, New Mexico USA | Registered: July 12, 2005
posted
Robert,

If you still have the reissued Flight, I am also interested.

Regards,

Rick

Posts: 141 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2005