• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Girard-Perregaux cal 480 386 Issues "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi, just got this GP 480 386 auto. It seems to work but as the crown is missing I cant be sure.
Question..any ideas where I might source the crown ? may also need the stem
tried for info on RR archive movements site but he has nothing on this cal

Pete

Posts: 29 | Location: Nottingham in England | Registered: April 27, 2012
posted
Pete can u post a pic of the movement please.

Posts: 375 | Location: Brisbane in Australia | Registered: January 24, 2010
posted
pic_1

posted
pic_2

posted
Pic_2, but it does show the stem, not sure if its broken as it does not seem to extend into the tube for a crown to be attatched

posted
cant find either a complete movement or parts.
suggestions anyone ?
somewhere there must be documentation on this movement but I have no idea where to look.

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Pete, You might want to start here to identify your movement.
http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/b...cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
thanks Dave but that was my first port of call, this cal not on there.

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
From your pictures it appears to be a 11 1/4 ligne. And according to the BestFit catalog there are shown only 2 possible calibres that are automatics, 31 and 32 that interchange with 2 movements - BMZodiac70 and BMZodiac72.
And they both use a 1415F stem, or 397 if it's a split stem.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
Hi guys, please correct me, the best fit book i have says that this is an AS 1250, which takes the 49F stem. I checked the BMZodiac70&72 and in my packets is a stem plus a crown, the crown is not new, but can look at some others i have there to see if i have a good one, but also i have stems for the AS1250 stem 49f..... Dave on the packet for the BMZodiac, my lot come from a watchmaker and he maked them the 70& 72 as same stem number..

posted
thanks guys, this is all good info.I am a newbie and am thankfull for your help on this.
Dave
Not sure if its a split stem or if the stem is broken, as you can see in the pics a stem is there but nothing to attatch a crown onto. most likely means its split ?

Francis
If it looks like you may have what I need, could we do some sort of a deal ?

posted
Why would you use a split stem ?
what advantage does it have over a 1 piece ?

from an engineering point of view I would have thought it adds another possible point of failure

posted
more pics to show stem

posted
2nd

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
I've studied the BestFit catalog again and find that GP used A. Schild, Peseaux, ETA, and Felsa ebauches in a lot of their watches. Until you know what you've got it's going to be difficult to get the correct parts. And to do that, It's going to have to be dismantled to a degree. The movement is most likely marked under the dial.
If you can look inside the stem sleeve with a loupe you can see a slot in the stem if it's split. Or, just stick a small screwdriver in there and try to wind it, to find out if it runs.
But, you'll still need to know what you have to order parts.
I'm certainly no expert and others here may be able to give you better information.

Dave Turner

posted
couple more pics, there is no slot on the top of stem as was suggested earlier,seems domed and threads are quite worn. stem does not extend to the bottom of the tube so either the crown extends through the case body or there is some sort of extension

any ideas ?

posted
2nd

posted
Pete, Dave is on the money you will have to see what or which makers is used here. I thought that the model number would be around near the balance. But as i do not know , Do as Dave suggested and look under the Dial. i have over 3500 stems so once u know what model is let me know and i will have a look see Francis

posted
Well taken the dial off and........nothing !!
no mark or name of any kind.
Only info is "Singer" on the back of the dial itself.
see pics

posted
2nd