• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

swiss hallmarks "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I know this is pretty fuzzy, but can anyone decipher these hallmarks on my old Zenith ww?
Thanks,
Steve G.

Posts: 827 | Location: Bloomington, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 29, 2008
posted
OOps, I guess I'd better attach the picture...

Posts: 827 | Location: Bloomington, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 29, 2008
posted
Hi Steve

I think I've got the three in the center:

Left one: 925 = sterling silver
right: import mark for London
bottom: date letter 1931 if this is a 'q'

Please try better picture; write us the numbers below the DEPOSE on top, this should be a patent number.

Regards Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
posted
My watchmaker, Philip, has the watch right now making a stem for it. I will look at it again as soon as I get it back. Thanks a lot, Gerald!

posted
Here is the Zenith dial-obviously needs cleaning.

posted
Here is the movement.

posted
Maybe some astute historian can figure out a date chart by comparing the serial numbers with the hallmarks on some of these swiss pieces.

posted
How about this one?

posted
The dial:

posted
And the movement. Can anyone identify this design for me?

posted
What does the little fern design in the lower right signify?

posted
Steve

The second watch can also be dated by the three marks in the center of the case back:

.925 :sterling silver
cross,diagonal :import mark of Edinburg
third mark : date letter 1929 if 'x'

Regards Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
posted
Yes, I think it is an X, and that would be consistent with the style of watch-wire posts, etc, from that time teriod. Thanks very much!