Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Accurate Wrist Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1622
posted
I have an Accurate brand wrist watch which I know nothing about. I had the watch cleaned and the watchmaker told me he had never heard of this manufacture and believed the watch was fake. Right after he said the watch was believed to be fake he stated the movement was really well built. Could someone give me some input.

Posts: 177 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: October 16, 2011
IHC Member 1622
posted
Case back picture...

Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
can you post pictures of the movement.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 1622
posted
This is the best picture of the movement I could get, sorry Smile

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Joey,

Can you read the small stamp by the balance, more than likely reads ETA and a 4 numbers

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
posted
Hi Joey,
I wouldn't call your watch a fake, looks like the same ETA 25 jewel movement that many companies are, and have used in their watches. Looks to me like a nicely made "Accurate" 25 jewel watch with aptly marked dial and case.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
IHC Member 1622
posted
First of all thanks for all the input. The markings near the balance that I could read are 2824-2 and V8-75A (I think). I am just curious if the watch was worth $40? Also, do you happen to know how old?
Thanks,

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
quote:
About Us
Switzerland is renowned globally for its natural beauty and great industry. It is therefore no surprise that Accurate timepieces, manufactured by Accutime Ltd. in Bienne, Switzerland have been highly successful since its inception eleven years ago.
Providing eccentric timepieces with the use of fine materials and unsurpassable craftsmanship has allowed the company to carry on the Swiss tradition of excellence and elegance. Accurate Swiss Watches are made available at affordable prices to suit all personalities, styles, and budgets. Over the years, Accurate has built a reputation by providing affordable timepieces with the finest available materials and simply does not plan on stopping now.

Here is the the company its based out of Dubia I would need to see the movement to be sure either way if a genuine eta or not, if it is, its a good quality movement in a lower grade case etc. website

and give these people a call/email they will tell you more

United States
Premium Tech.Inc.
7500 Bellaire Blvd
Suit 408
Houston, Texas 77036
Tel.: +1 713 777 2212
E-mail: Premium22@msn.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Member 1622
posted
Chris,
Thanks for the help. I will send the manufacture a note and see what they have to say. Fake or not, I really like the watch. Some watches just feel better than others and this is one that feels right.
Have a great week,
Joey

IHC Member 1622
posted
Chris,
Just wanted to let you know, I took your advise and contacted the manufacture. I was really glad to find out the watch was the real deal.
Thanks for all the help,
Joey Big Grin

posted
Saying this watch is a fake is a really odd thing for a watchmaker to say. Fakes generally are watches branded with well known makers made by persons not authorized to use the trademark name. Not having ever heard of the brand does not make anything a fake. And there is nothing wrong with an ETA 2824, it is a proven, quality Swiss workhorse and can be found in many quality brands from Raymond Weil to Breitling and Tag Heuer, Oris and Hamilton. You have a a good watch there.

Posts: 2 | Location: Toronto in Canada | Registered: January 08, 2012
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Rob, we are not disputing if the watch is a fake ie a copy of a accurate watch, the question is with the watches origin being where many replicas and low grade watches are created, there is a good chance they used the Chinese ETA movement as part of the manufacture seeing the plastic casing ring is not a good sign and they stating these are affordable watches etc if so, you don’t start with a expensive movement. The rest of the series are quartz low grade movements. The replica movements are popping up everywhere I often have to pass on the bad news, about two weeks ago I had a customer bring in his used $1500 Submariner, the price alone should have warned him it was not such a good bargain, I dont work on the fake/replica they are so cheaply made poor quality it never a happy outcome, I had person insisting his was repairable it was one of the so called high end replicas with a Swiss ETA movement fitted in a replica Rolex, even the ETA movement all stamped up was a fake in a fake watch!

IHC Member 1622
posted
Rob & Chris,
Thanks for all the comments. I am really starting to like this watch...
Joey

posted
Interesting. I haven't come across any fake ETA movts (mechanical) I have seen the fake Rolex's with genuine ETA movts, however, and even one where the original Rolex movt was sold, and the authentic Rolex Air King was fitted with a Seiko movt. I was absolutely amazed that the thing fit so well. Some of the fakes really are getting very elaborate, so I guess it shouldn't be surprising that the movt itself is being 'faked'. Thanks for the clarification.

Posts: 2 | Location: Toronto in Canada | Registered: January 08, 2012