Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Case size question "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
posted
Pic. shows a case for a negative set small pocket watch movement. The question is -- what size ?

The internal diameter of the back varies a few tenths of a mm below 29 mm, depending on where it is measured. It could be size 0, 2, or perhaps even 3 ?

Dan.

caseback

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
posted
Hi Dan,

A 2/0 movement at 28.78mm looks to be a good fit.

Joe

Posts: 450 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A. | Registered: October 10, 2004
posted
I think it is for an 0 size movement.The outside rim of the movement is larger than the main body of the movement.The case it fits in will be smaller than the rim.
J Smith

Posts: 188 | Location: Warrenton, North Carolina U.S.A. | Registered: January 12, 2003
posted
Dan,

If it's the same as this one...

which has the same markings and measurements as yours, then it's for an 0 size. Mine holds an Elgin 0 size with it's dust ring intact very snugly.

Regards,

Cary

Posts: 267 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama USA | Registered: December 12, 2005
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks for the notes. Now I need a Hamilton 0-size movement and dial and hands !

dan

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005