Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Breitling Fake Found "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
A friend brought over what he thought was a genuine Breitling wrist watch. This photo shows the comparison of the dials. The fake is on the left. A genuine is on the right.

The two look almost identical until you look very closely.

Posts: 900 | Location: Wisconsin in the U.S.A. | Registered: April 28, 2008
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
Here is a photo of the back. It is very heavy and screws off.

Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
When the back was unscrewed there was a big Made in China sticker attached to the inside.

Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
The movement has made in Japan and is battery operated. I believe the genuine is a self wind.

posted
Hi Ernie, Which one is the Fake?...You say that the fake one is on the left and the real one is on the left.... Smile

These fakers are getting better with the hi tech machinery to fake these high end watches and it's getting harder to tell them apart.
Thanks for posting this.

Ray

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
Hi Ray:

Sorry about the confusion. I need a proofreader. I corrected it now. the genuine Breitling is on the right.

Another interesting tidbit is the bracelet says Breitling Swiss on it. but the small watch in the band has Singapore signed on it.

Ernie

Picture of Bernhard Schmidt
posted
I might be wrong but I think this movement where used in the genuine Breitling Jupiter Pilot or Navitimer quartz models in early 90s or late 80s. There are similarity's anyway.

/Bernhard

Posts: 423 | Location: Västerås in Swedem | Registered: January 02, 2004
posted
Hi all, I was just made aware of a site named WWW.WATCHESSELL.NET that shows Chinese fake watches of nearly every make. $269.00 will get you a Rolex Submariner that looks pretty darn good from here.

Posts: 124 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: May 27, 2009
posted
The Breitling is one of the most faked watches of all...The model you pictured is called "crosswind" and certified as a chronometer.The bracelett alone tells you its a fake, compare to mine, both automatic of course.
Never ever buy a Breitling from unknown dealers unless you know exactly what you are doing...
Here out of the same family is my Breitling "headwind"...

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
Picture of Bernhard Schmidt
posted
Yes, sure fakes are common, and most of them is determind quite easely. Just have a look at the bracelet end piece of the fake one, gold color all the way. Some are really hard though. Have seen really well made ones but usually when you are having a look at the movement you catch ´em but sometimes the movements (7750 look alike) takes a picky eye a while to actually determine it's a fake, so be careful folks. It happens, not very often though, that watches comes in where it seems like the owner is not aware of its origin. Very sad, I think.
/Bernhard

Posts: 423 | Location: Västerås in Swedem | Registered: January 02, 2004