• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Unmarked 60-Hour Bunn Special ? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello All: Since I only have one Bunn Special which does not state 60 hour. Are the 60 hour movements all marked? Thanks.

IHC Member 1016
posted
No expert here but as far as I know they were all marked. It was a marketing scheme so marking them made sense. Originally marked "Motor Barrel 60" on the barrel bridge, then marked "Motor Barrel 60',and on the train bridge "Sixty Hour",
and later, and most common, just "Sixty Hour" on train bridge.

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Yes Sam, Mike is right, the 60-hour Bunn Special models were all marked. If you could post the movement number, or better yet a movement photo of your Bunn Special, I could tell you more about it.

The 18-size Bunn Specials and the 16-size Bunn Special Model 9 ended in 1924. From 1925 onwards, all Bunn Special production was 16-size and 60-hour, starting with the Model 14 and then continuing after the Hamilton takeover with the Model 15 Grade 161-163 series through the end of Bunn Special production in the Late 1940's.

I'm moving this topic to the Illinois forum, which is where it belongs, and also making the title more descriptive.

Best Regards,

Ed

posted
Thanks: My wife makes the pictures and not here. The Ser. #1483261/Mod. 6/Ruby J./around 1889. Please go to my profile Page 2 Under Illinois to view. Thanks ED and MIKE.

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Sam, Illinois only made 60 Hour movements in 16 size. Yours is an 18s. Motor Barrels, yes, 60 Hours not yet.

posted
Thanks David for your response. This removes my confusion. Sam