Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

American Pocket Watch Staff Dimensions "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
This Helping Hand presentation is not in tutorial form but instead a MS Word document. It covers dimensions of the more popular...

American Pocket Watch Balance Staffs.

You may access this document by clicking on the above link, the document should open in a browser window for viewing. You can also perform a "Save As" to your computer and then open it up using MS Word.

Note: This document is password protected but can be opened easily, after saving this document to your computer, select "Read Only" to view or copy the document.

If you're familiar with MS Word's sort function, you can sort on the table's headers to help you identify a loose staff.

However, you will need MS Word to view it.

Enjoy!

John D. Duvall
Vice President, Education

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
posted
Wonderful Work Mr Duvall. This is a truly monumental piece of work. I really appreciate you doing this!

Mike Miller

Posts: 539 | Location: Central Illinois in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
John,

I read your message board almost daily.

Good info, especially for those of us who have come into this lately (~8 years).

Barry B

Posts: 15 | Location: Fairfax, Virginia in the USA | Registered: July 24, 2003
IHC Life Member
posted
Barry,

Thanks for your interest in IHC185!

Also, let me be the first in welcoming you to join IHC185. We have a lot to offer for only $12.00 per year. We have members from all over the world and meet 24 hours day, 365 days a year! Please consider joining us.

John D. Duvall

posted
John,

A big THANK YOU !! It's terrific.

I have been trying to find the Mfg. part number to get a staff for my 992E and your list magically appeared just at the right time. Now all I have to do is find out how to identify the pivot jewel and I will be on the home stretch.

Thanks again for the "Helping Hand"

Bruce

Posts: 55 | Location: Sun City, Arizona & Westfield, Massachusetts USA | Registered: February 06, 2003
IHC Life Member
posted
Everyone,

I added column numbers to the header of each page to help you with your sorting. You may want to save another copy to your computer.

To sort, follow these basic steps:

1. Ensure you are in the correct viewing mode by clicking on "View", then "Print Layout". Otherwise, you will not see the header information for each page.

2. Click on "Table", then "Sort"

3. Select which column(s) you wish to sort on. You can sort on up to three columns at a time.

4. Choose your sort in either ascending or descending order.

By using the sort function, you now have your own interchangeability list of American pocket watch staffs!

If anyone has additional staff information/corrections they would like added, please snail-mail, e-mail or loan me a copy.

John D. Duvall

IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted
John,
I was just about to purchase this info in book form for $20. Thanks for putting this info up.

Another great reason to join and support IHC185 with our dues.

Scott Cerullo
pawatchmaker@verizon.net

Posts: 1033 | Location: Northeast Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: June 02, 2003
Picture of Frank Juchniewicz
posted
John

Thank's for the list you provided, to all the members of IHC-185 and other interested parties.

Frank Juchniewicz

Posts: 440 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 28, 2003
Picture of Sam Williamson
posted
John you are amazing! This is a monumental document.Thank you so much for your time and generousity to this club.
Sam

Sam Williamson
NAWCC 154312
IHC Charter Member 14
Member Chapters 96 and 185

Posts: 618 | Location: Northwestern Florida in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 27, 2002
IHC Life Member
posted
You are welcome my friends!

Hope it helps you and everyone else to sort through their staffs.

John D. Duvall