WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •

Closed Topic Closed
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Hamilton Sales Literature, Service and Parts Catalogs from IHC185™ "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
Catalogs and literature '09, '19, '25, '32, '35, '38, and from '40-'71 for your interest!

CLICK FOR: Hamilton Horology, Given Freely by IHC185™

IHC 185 is also providing both the complete 1961 Hamilton Parts catalog:

HERE IS THE: Direct Link to our "1961 Hamilton Parts and Materials Catalog"

NOTE: When the Parts and Material Catalog opens, scroll down to see every page, print your own copy if you like!

Thanks to Chris Schirren for scanning the 1961 Hamilton Parts Catalog

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004
posted
Thanks Frank! Excellent resource!

Posts: 539 | Location: Central Illinois in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Thanks Chris. What a valuable tool at everyone fingertips!

There is much to be learned from the 1961 Hamilton Parts Catalog.

Example, critical information you need to know if your model is a Motor Barrel or not.

Picture of Frank Juchniewicz
posted
Thanks both to Chris and Frank for this valuable information.

Frank

Posts: 440 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 28, 2003
Picture of Chris Schirren
posted
Hi everyone, glad this is well received. Took me a while until it was done in a workable file size, so not all that bad. I was happy to do it, hoping it would be a good example for others to make available what they have.

Chris.

Posts: 58 | Location: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: September 02, 2005
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

This will be set up in our Technical Library, Serial Numbers and Site Links with links back to both the Wristwatches and Pocket Watches forums.

The beauty of it is we can easily place the links wherever we choose whenever we choose.

Thanks to Chris Shirren for his generosity and to Frank Kusumoto for helping make all this information freely available right here to anyone the world with an internet connection.

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Gentlemen.

I thank you.

What a lot of useful information!

Wow!

Roy.

"So mote it be!"

Posts: 463 | Location: London in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 11, 2006
Picture of Robert M. Sweet
posted
Nice Hamilton advertisement from 1930.

Robert

Posts: 553 | Location: Southwest Virginia U.S.A. | Registered: December 27, 2004
posted
Another nice Hamilton advertisement from Oct. 1930.

Robert

Posts: 553 | Location: Southwest Virginia U.S.A. | Registered: December 27, 2004
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Robert,
Thanks for all the great ads that you post on this site. I just recently picked up a solid example of the Van Buren with the secometer dial off of ebay for my collection.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
posted
Thanks Tony, I especially enjoy the "Depression Era" advertisement.

I like this one with the calendar.

Robert

Picture of Pete Cronos
posted
THANKS guys for the Hamilton info. I do have a question about the serial number list. Can this list also be downloaded to a disk? I had no problem with the two books but can't manage to copy the serial number listing.
Thanks again
Pete

Posts: 121 | Location: Jonesboro, Arkansas USA | Registered: April 23, 2003
posted
The Hamilton Model #8 from April, 1930.

posted
The Hamilton Model # 7 from Dec. 1930. (Introduced to wholesalers in March, 1930)

Watch is displayed with the model # 576, B-M (Blind-Man) dial with the marginal minute markers in red. (Copied from B/W page).

Robert

posted
Here we have 3 Hamilton 992E's with "Elinvar" hanging tags from the early 30's.

Robert

posted
Here we have the Hamilton Model No. 6 from Nov. 1929.

The No. 6 was to introduced to the wholesalers, Aug. 24, 1929.

Robert

posted
And the "Crossbar" that started the 992 series of "Factory Cased" movements.

Robert

posted
Below we have the "Rigid Bow", Hamilton, Model No. 4 (introduced to wholesalers, Oct. 6, 1927).

The No. 4 is displayed with the No. 581 dial, also referred to as "Safety Numerical" with every 5th minute in red. (Copied from B/W image).

Robert

posted
An older Hamilton advertisement from May, 1917...

Robert

posted
A very early Hamilton advertisement from 1911 when the company was only 18 years old....

Robert

posted
How would you like to have a couple dozen of these in NOS conditon?

Robert

posted
Two Hamilton wrist watches from 1934.

Robert

posted
Below is a real nice catalog page from 1928 displaying three "Railroad Models", No. 2, 4, and 5.

Robert

posted
Hi, I'm wondering what the history is of the Model #4 Stiff Bow cases that are NOT marked Hamilton, but instead marked "Fahys" and "R.R." ? Were these available to jewelers for ANY maker's movements, or were these simply earlier "factory" Hamilton cased watches, prior to the stamping of "Hamilton" inside the back covers? Thanks!

Posts: 43 | Location: St.Paul, Minnesota USA | Registered: February 18, 2007
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Welcome Barry!

When you first look at them, the similarity is striking.

But actually every detail of those two rigid-bow cases is different as the side-by-side comparison below will demonstrate. The Fahys Bristol has a more rounded look to the rigid-bow, whereas the Model 4 has three squared angles. Bow engraving is different, and bezel patterns are of two noticeably different designs. Even when comparing the reflecting rings, that inner area of the bezel next to the dial, the Fahys is clearly wider.

The Fahys Bristol was available to case movements at retail jewelers, the one you see on the left houses an Illinois 19-Jewel Bunn from 1926 which was not factory cased. The Model 4 was was intended to be a Hamilton factory case. Fahys made both of these and similar rigid bow Illinois Sangamo Special cases as well.

Compare Fahys on the left, Hamilton Model 4 on the right...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Thanks Lindell! Side by side it is much more obvious, thanks for the photo comparison. While I'm writing, I'll say "Thanks!" to all of you guys for the excellent discussion and information. I've read through a lot of the posts recently (going back several years!) and there is a wealth of information in this one site!! As I've always told folks at the office, "Model-A Ford restorers and Pocketwatch collectors are the best people you'll ever meet!" :-)
Barry

Posts: 43 | Location: St.Paul, Minnesota USA | Registered: February 18, 2007
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Smile

Posts: 5203 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002