WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help to reassemble an Ansonia pendulum hanger & spring "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roddy J. Brunton
posted
What is the proper way to put this back together?

Roddy JB

Posts: 1385 | Location: Richmond, British Columbia in Canada | Registered: January 07, 2009
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Can you show us the back side of the movement?
Does this look like it?
Suspension Rod

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
Hi Dave,
It looks to me like it is supposed to have the bend? My hip spasmed as I was removing the pendulum my arm jerked a bit and the joint between these 3 pieces separated. I did not bend them. This is the way it came out of the clock and the clock was working fine. Certainly being straight would make it somewhat easier to reassemble. I am unsure of the order the pieces go...other than I suspect the spring goes under the rod.

Roddy JB

Posts: 1385 | Location: Richmond, British Columbia in Canada | Registered: January 07, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
pic

Roddy JB

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Can't say I ever saw one like it. But the pictures show pretty good detail. And it looks like all the pieces are there.
I'd be inclined to "put it back together".
Assemble all the parts and take a small flat punch and peen it over again. Shouldn't take much.

If the clock ran that way, it's very unusual. These parts should all be in a straight line, I would think. I'd straight them, and then put it back together.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
I tried peening the brass piece into both but just managed to separate the little tongue part.
I then searched the internet again but as you pointed out I could not find another like it
I have straightened the pendulum rod, now
I'll have to test my soldering skills or lack there-of to solder the spring in place.
Thanks

Roddy JB

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Good job!

Dave Turner