Internet Horology Club 185
Help to reassemble an Ansonia pendulum hanger & spring

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6346047761/m/9893935297

March 13, 2019, 15:14
Roddy J. Brunton
Help to reassemble an Ansonia pendulum hanger & spring
What is the proper way to put this back together?

Roddy JB
March 14, 2019, 07:39
Dave Turner
Can you show us the back side of the movement?
Does this look like it?
Suspension Rod

Dave Turner
March 14, 2019, 12:15
Roddy J. Brunton
Hi Dave,
It looks to me like it is supposed to have the bend? My hip spasmed as I was removing the pendulum my arm jerked a bit and the joint between these 3 pieces separated. I did not bend them. This is the way it came out of the clock and the clock was working fine. Certainly being straight would make it somewhat easier to reassemble. I am unsure of the order the pieces go...other than I suspect the spring goes under the rod.

Roddy JB
March 14, 2019, 12:17
Roddy J. Brunton
pic

Roddy JB
March 14, 2019, 13:53
Dave Turner
Can't say I ever saw one like it. But the pictures show pretty good detail. And it looks like all the pieces are there.
I'd be inclined to "put it back together".
Assemble all the parts and take a small flat punch and peen it over again. Shouldn't take much.

If the clock ran that way, it's very unusual. These parts should all be in a straight line, I would think. I'd straight them, and then put it back together.

Dave Turner
March 14, 2019, 15:40
Roddy J. Brunton
I tried peening the brass piece into both but just managed to separate the little tongue part.
I then searched the internet again but as you pointed out I could not find another like it
I have straightened the pendulum rod, now
I'll have to test my soldering skills or lack there-of to solder the spring in place.
Thanks

Roddy JB
March 15, 2019, 12:40
Dave Turner
Good job!

Dave Turner