Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Gilbert Crystal Regulator mainspring question "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 32
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
Can anyone give me the size of mainsprings in a Gilbert Crystal Regulator.. Thanks for any help

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
posted
GREETINGS BRUCE, ARE THE MAINSPRINGS ENCLOSED IN A BARREL OR ARE THEY OPEN? ALSO DOES THE MOVEMENT HAVE AN OPEN ESCAPEMENT? LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GIVE YOU AN ANSWER. EDDIE

Posts: 140 | Location: St. Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: June 11, 2008
IHC Member 32
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
Hi Eddie, the springs are not inside of a barrel. They are covered from view (safety type device I think). This model has an open escapement in the front of the clock. There are two models of this clock. I have the small 8 inch version..

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
Picture of Greg Reeves
posted
Is this the three plate movement?

greg

Posts: 497 | Location: Genoa, New York U.S.A. | Registered: November 06, 2003
posted
GREETINGS BRUCE, THE MAINSPRING SIZE SHOULD BE .015 X 3/4 X 96 INCHES. TAKE CARE. EDDIE

Posts: 140 | Location: St. Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: June 11, 2008