Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Reconditioning Telechron Motor modules "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
The following reconditioning method is offered by permission of it's Author, James Peghiny, Owner;
"Clock and Watch Shop"
2202 Commonwealth Ave.
Auburndale, MA 02466
(617) 965 8913

As an electrical engineer and a practicing watch and clock maker, Jim knew many Waltham employees and learned much about these service issues.

Word DocReconditioning_the_Telechron_Module.doc (114 Kb, 3465 downloads)

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
David,
Thanks so much for the link. More and more people are interested in the vintage electric clocks. Many very attrative cases have dead movements. This information should be very helpful. Thanks for posting it.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Tom I share an interest in this on a personal scale because my parents Telechron they got as a wedding present in 1931 has (with regular service) run to this day and I hope its good for another 75 years.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
The movement. We were warned for the last 40 years that the motor could "die any minute". So we just kept it maintained.

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Beautiful clock, and a great family piece! You are so lucky that it was treasured and cared for during all the years of servicve. Most are not so fortunate.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002